Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Songs that remind you of the good times, songs that remind you of the better times!

Just as the title says it, what songs bring back floods of happy memories?

Mine are:

Timebomb - Old happy hardcore tune that has just been remixed and re-released

Killing me softly(original & dj hype version) - fugees (dj hype)

my name is - Eminem

always my baby
    - Mariah carey

& countless hardcore tunes from around 1997

Thunderstruck Guest
    Weezer's second album reminds me of summer '02 when I started going out with my ex. Indeed it kinda reminds me of her.

Anything Mr. Bungle reminds me of the end of uni 1st year which was fantastic.

Moonlight Shadow by Mike Oldfield and Touch Too Much by AC/DC remind me of Mrs. T which is obviously a great thing.

Foundations - Build Me Up, Buttercup
    Feeder - Just a Day
    MC Hammer - Can't Touch This ('cause it reminds me of Lewin, hate the song, but love him ).
    ...there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.

'Franki is a wise one. Even if she hides it well sometimes' ~ Scary Monster
    'that's because you're perfect Franki' ~ Broken-Angel
    'I salute you Franki' ~ **helen**
    'I agree with everything that Franki has said' ~ Melian
    'You're a genius' ~ piccolo
    'Franki's right as usual' ~ James

Skive is offline No discipline! No morality! No respect!
    Quote Originally Posted by icey
    Timebomb - Old happy hardcore tune that has just been remixed and re-released
    Quality track.

DJ Force - High on Life does it for me evertime. Or any mix of Set You Free.
    Doves, Playboys, Biscuits, Barrels, Callies, Clear Caps, China Whites, Rhubarbs, Loony Toons, New Yorkers... you know, bang on, larging it, the full monty, safe as houses, pair of trousers, what a laugh, let's do another half!

texas - inner smile

incubus - stellar

queen - don't stop me now
    “I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.”

Quote Originally Posted by Franki
    MC Hammer - Can't Touch This ('cause it reminds me of Lewin, hate the song, but love him ).
    That song is fucking ace!

Fear Factory - Anything off of Soul of a New Machine. Martyr and Crisis are great.
    Iron Maiden - The Trooper, Wrathchild
    Anthrax - Fueled
    Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy, Hey Girl

Running my rig in a mighty high gear,
    I don't care where I go, so long as it ain't here,
    If something gets in my way, you know I'm gonna ram her,
    Nobody fools around with this gear jammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Gerbil
    Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy, Hey Girl
    Hey boy! Hey girl! Superstar DJ! Here we go! *goes off into a big fish, little fish, cardboard box frenzy!*
    If you've lost your faith in love and music, oh the end won't be too long..

The tea and coffee making facilities left alot to be desired..

Faithless - Insomnia & Underworld - Born Slippy - remind me of all the amazing times I've had with my best friends. Usually raving to these tunes!

PVD vs Rachel McFarlane - Found a Lover - my very favourite 'dance' song...

Southside Spinners - Luvstruck - reminds me of my mates first car, Cheryl the Fiesta! And my recent holiday to Magaluf!

MC Hammer - You Can't Touch This - reminds me of college...

Wet Wet Wet - Angel Eyes - reminds me of when I was a kid, my very favourite band and the song the local radio station played for my 10th birthday.

Oasis - Stop Crying Your Heart Out - reminds me of some of the hardest times I've been through and how I;m a stronger person for it all. And all that bollocks.
    Last edited by Babyshambler; 22-11-2005 at 05:43 PM.
    'You can't cage my lyrics!'

Suga80 Guest
    The first song on the snow patrol album gives me butterflies.......

Planet perfecto-bullet in the gun reminds me of going out on a night out for the 1st time

bette middler wind beneath my wings make me sob

stargalaxy Guest
    Records that remind me of good times include:

PPK - ResuRection (I heard this for the first time in October 2001. Listening to some very average mix on the radio, this track comes on. Soon as the breakdown comes in, I stopped what I was doing to listen. Such a classic moment.)

Dark Globe Feat. Amanda Ghost - Break My World (When I first heard this, I was at the height of depression. It was at its absolute worst. On hearing this, I broke into tears. At that point, I realised I needed help. When I'm down, I still listen to this record, it helps keep me going)

Illicit Feat. Gramma Funk - Cheeky Armada (A bootleg with Groove Armada's "I See You Baby". You know the one "I see you baby, shaking that ass, shaking that ass...". Just a pure party record for me from a few years ago. Love it!)

Just a Day by Feeder reminds me of being seventeen and dancing in a local nightclub with my friends (when we all got on).

Basketcase by Greenday because it's a classic lol

Rise by Gabrielle for some reason I find it unnervingly soothing. It came on the TV after I'd necked a pack of paracetamol... Frightening yeah, but in an odd way it reminds me that I'm still here...

Black math by White Stripes was the opening song to their latest gig and I got knocked around like shit!
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.

Lighthouse family-high
    Alice Deejay-Better off Alone
    9pm-Till I come
    System F-out of the blue
    Ultrabeat-pretty green eyes

Loads more I'll add later.
    Last edited by Yerascrote; 22-11-2005 at 04:22 PM.
    Conformity before conscience Uniformity before faith!

To infinity and beyond!

"the reason i took drugs in the first place was because ...i was confused.
    it's all become clear since" -Rolly.

Just as it is true that a stream cannot rise above its source, so it is true that a national literature cannot rise above the moral level of the social conditions of the people from whom it derives its inspiration-James Connolly.

Californication by Red Hot Chilli Peppers reminds me of 1st year at uni and also of my friend who died last year (he always used to sing it)

Someday I'll Be Saturday night reminds me of when me and my sister went to Gateshead for my 19th birthday to see Bon Jovi

Don't Stop Moving by S Club 7 reminds me of being out dancing with my best friends

We're In This Together Now by NIN reminds me of good times out with my friends as well

Come Down by Bush and I Wish You Were Here remind me of when i started going out with my boyfriend.

Skive is offline No discipline! No morality! No respect!
    Quote Originally Posted by turlough
    Ultrabeat-pretty green eyes
    Original was better.
    Doves, Playboys, Biscuits, Barrels, Callies, Clear Caps, China Whites, Rhubarbs, Loony Toons, New Yorkers... you know, bang on, larging it, the full monty, safe as houses, pair of trousers, what a laugh, let's do another half!

Feel Good Inc reminds me of when my mates moved in pretty much right nextdoor to me earlier in the year, and I'd go over every night and just bong till like 5 in the morning. Good times.

Pretty much every FFAF, Taking Back Sunday and Jimmy Eat World song reminds me of my girlfriend. As does Beast and the Harlot by Avenged Sevenfold and Digital Bath by Deftones.
    I was the kid sitting over in the corner smiling with a shit-eating grin
    And I was the kid smiling in the back of class 'cause I'm frying on Mescaline
    I was the kid drinking 40's on the bleachers gettin' drunk after school
    Gettin' home too late, fallin' on my face, way too drunk to skate and acting the fool.