Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

Subscribe to newsletter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Business Single and Double, AVCE/A-level

iv had as much as i can take from the amount of courseworks im getting, if anyone else does business, mabey courseworks can be shared, used as guidliness, share company information e.g. Sainsbury's an Tesco.

theres nuthin wrong with using info!!!!!!!!!!

Thunderstruck Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by O.B
    theres nuthin wrong with using info!!!!!!!!!!
    Aside from the fact that it's plagiarism if you don't declare it which I doubt you will.

I'm afraid I only did proper A-levels so I'm not much help here.

I'm afraid I only did proper A-levels so I'm not much help here.[/QUOTE]

what u mean by that???

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
    I'm afraid I only did proper A-levels so I'm not much help here.
    don't be ridiculous. business studies is quite varied and very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by lipsy
    don't be ridiculous. business studies is quite varied and very useful.
    There's nothing wrong with a bit of good old fashioned subject-snobbery.

I find anything ending in 'Studies' is second rate.
    Sic hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades

urrrrrrrrr

raw, i didnt think i was gonna get this kind of reply, i also do pshycology, sociology, english a-levels, an thanks Lips, business is respected all over the world boss, its got to do with everything, u get me, imagine u study medicine, ur gona work for a business what ever you do, whether government or private

It's not helping you get a job though is it...?
    Sic hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades

Quote Originally Posted by Kentish
    It's not helping you get a job though is it...?
    Well you need qualifications inorder to get a job. E.g. to get to uni, get a degree. You are going to have better job prospects if you have a degree under your belt.

I do business studies and find it highly interesting. I hate the fact people consider it to be a second rate subject. I'm not interested in things like science and maths, I'd rather learn about business.Sure I could probably secure an alright grade in such subjects, but I would find it mind numbingly boring. I don't do it because I think it's easy. I'm prepared to work my arse off to get the results I want, and need. I want to work within a business, and it gives me an insight into it.

If it isn't helping you get a job, or opening your eyes to the real world then what exactly is it supposed to be doing?

/rant
    "Those of you in the cheaper seats clap your hands, those of you in the more expensive ones rattle your jewellery."

~*John Lennon*~

Chill dude.

I'm just pointing out the perceived notion that these subjects don't have the academic rigour of the traditional A-Levels.

Chill dude.

I'm just pointing out the perceived notion that these subjects don't have the academic rigour of the traditional A-Levels.
    "Those of you in the cheaper seats clap your hands, those of you in the more expensive ones rattle your jewellery."

~*John Lennon*~

business is da bomb

so u do business, im thinkin of doin, human resources in Uni? of aviation business, alot of people that gain that degree go onto a defiit job

There's nothing wrong with a bit of good old fashioned subject-snobbery.

I find anything ending in 'Studies' is second rate.
    i never did business studies but i find comments like that pathetic

I'm sure you'll get over it.

Thunderstruck Guest
    I'm sure you'll get over it.
    Thank you Kentish for being as much of a snob as me! It's probably us home counties chaps.

It's like people who count General Studies as part of their A-levels when quite clearly it's like saying you're got cycling proficiency. My school didn't offer it (GS that is) thank God as they thought it was a waste of time. Which it is.

To further annoy people, isn't sociology just dumbed down anthropology?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
    Thank you Kentish for being as much of a snob as me! It's probably us home counties chaps.

It's like people who count General Studies as part of their A-levels when quite clearly it's like saying you're got cycling proficiency. My school didn't offer it (GS that is) thank God as they thought it was a waste of time. Which it is.

To further annoy people, isn't sociology just dumbed down anthropology?
    I'm from the home counties, and my head isn't as far up my own arse as yours seems to be.

My school didn't offer GS either.

~*John Lennon*~