Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

Subscribe to newsletter

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Age For Tattoo's??

Hey Hey,
    I was just wondering, what is the legal age to get a tattoo in the UK? Can you get one at 16 if you have parental consent or whatever...I'm thinking of getting one, a few people I know who are under 16 have them, but ive heard you have to be 18?!
    Thanks!
    N@ x

I think it's 18 legally, but some places let you get it done at 16 with your parent's permission.
    I think I saw the sky tonight, pushing through it feels alright, and I just don't know who I wanna be.

And any tatooist who tattoo's anyone under this age should be avoided imo

Quote Originally Posted by Blah

And any tatooist who tattoo's anyone under this age should be avoided imo
    definitely.

if they break the rules on legal age, they'll most likely break the rules on other things, such as hygeine, which is REALLY not what you want.

also, i almost guarantee that what you think looks cool at 16 will be what you think looks cool in 10 years time. oopsie for permanence.

Thanks,
    About the not thinking it will be cool in 10 years time thing..that doesnt really bother me cuz i wasnt planning on getting it where it is often visible anyway, and it was only something small and personal to me, but thanks anyway and i know what you mean.=D

yeah tis 18 - here's our factsheet
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemmingway

well, if you can hold off til you're 18, and then on your 18th birthday, you still like the design, and you still want it, then there's a good chance you won't regret it.

spur of the moment things are never a good idea. especially when they're on your skin for life.

Huggable_Penguin is offline user awaiting email confirmation

Arrow

I know a girl who got one at the age of 14. 14!!!

I could never get one!!

15??

im onli 15 and i was wondering if any one no's a place in essex, and you can get it done at 15 wiv your parents consent????

Quote Originally Posted by !!emz!!
    im onli 15 and i was wondering if any one no's a place in essex, and you can get it done at 15 wiv your parents consent????
    Are you unable to read?

_guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit
    Are you unable to read?

If the quality of their writing is anything to go by, I'd say they were.

ermm yea i can read, i no people have sed its sixteen, but i was wondering if you can do it at 15 as well.

_guest Guest
    You obviously can't read. It is illegal to have a tattoo under the age of 18. So you can't have one at 16.

are u lyk jst completely not seeing what i rote? i sed can u get it at 15 cos sum places let u have it at 16 if u have parents consent do they let u ave it at 15 as well with parents constent? or do u jst have to say ur sixteen?

_guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by !!emz!!
    are u lyk jst completely not seeing what i rote? i sed can u get it at 15 cos sum places let u have it at 16 if u have parents consent do they let u ave it at 15 as well with parents constent? or do u jst have to say ur sixteen?
    I can see perfectly well what you wrote, understanding it is the problem. Places that let people under 18 have tatoos are breaking the law, whether they have the parents consent or not. You have to be 18, anywhere that would break the law about that, like kaffrin said, would probably have no qualms about breaking other laws, such as hygiene ones.