Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

Closed Thread

Exclamation Abortion and Alcohol

Hi

I am having an abortion and want to know whether drinking alcohol is ok or will it cause problems. Obviously i won't be drinking around the time of my abortion but i am going on holiday next week and because the abortion is not for a few weeks i just wondered whether a drink or two would be ok?

What do you guys think?

BnS

I don't see why it should be a problem as you're not having an abortion for a few weeks. I'd say if you were ambivalent, then you might want to abstain due to the risks of foetal alcohol syndrome etc, but you sound pretty sure. Obviously, depending on the kind of anaesthetic you're having, you might want to lay off the alcohol after the abortion, and if you're having conscious sedation or a general anaesthetic, then it's nil by mouth for at least 6 hours.
    "Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" George Carlin

I'm not having any aneasthetic as I am having the tablets. Thank you for your help and not judging me.

BnS

ultimetely it's your decision but be prepared for a bit of depression afterwards

It shouldnt be a problem for you to drink weeks before you have an abortion , but i agree, that you will suffer with depression
    Catch a falling star, put it in your pocket, never let it fade away...
    catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, save it for a rainy day...

Quote Originally Posted by LilMizME
    but i agree, that you will suffer with depression
    Only if people force that idea into her head.

If you want an abortion, and thats the right thing for you to do, then go for it. Make sure you've got someone to talk to about stuff, and you will be fine. Good luck. Have a good holiday and enjoy yourself.
    'You can't cage my lyrics!'

Will there ever be an abortion thread without scaremongering or blanket side effects because the friend of a friend of a friend of my aunt's dog felt depressed afterwards?

Jeez, someone's body is going to go from suddenly being pregnant to not being pregnant, you know, it can take a couple of weeks for the person to feel themselves again, and that includes feeling emotional, tearful, up and down etc, it doesn't mean that an abortion will equal depression.

Best of luck with the medical route BNS, I hope it goes smoothly for you and enjoy your holiday.
    "Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" George Carlin

It your choice and your choice only, remember that because you will come across a lot of prejudice.

I would just say ask your doctor whats the best thing to do

All the best xxxx
    "It's difficult to believe in yourself because the idea of self is an artificial construction. You are, in fact, part of the glorious one-ness of the universe. Everything beautiful in the world is within you. No-one really feels self-confident deep down because it's an artifical idea. Liberate yourself from that idea that people are watching you”

Post partum depression

I think that they were saying that she may feel depression due to post partum depression. Just because the pregnancy is terminated through abortion doesnt mean that the female body doesnt go through the same things when regaining hormonal balance.

Gonna close this as it's v old.

No it'll be like I don't give a feck, fuck off, grrrr
    I only said Jehova!

www.hard.fm