Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread

GCSE certificates....lost

ok heres my problem, i've lost my GCSE certificates and i need them for applications and stuff. how can i get them replaced and how long will it take? :s

btw if it helps at all i did my exams with AQA and EDEXCEL

i know u can get another set done, but u will probably have to pay for them, not sure on the price. maybe contact ur school or college and they could either contact tham or give u a number to ring.failing that go online and find the website for the company, ie. edexcel,aqua etc and maybe they will have info on how to do it. not sure how long it will take.

i lost mine too. I had to get in touch with the exam board and get new ones. I think they were about £15 each.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow brite
    i lost mine too. I had to get in touch with the exam board and get new ones. I think they were about £15 each.
    £15 per subject or for each certificate? cos i only need two certificates but i have like 9 subjects :s and £15 x 9 would be scareh

Quote Originally Posted by Amira
    £15 per subject or for each certificate? cos i only need two certificates but i have like 9 subjects :s and £15 x 9 would be scareh
    Surely it'd only be two certificates because you did your exams over two exam boards? That's the way I have my GCSE certificates, 9 subjects on one page for CCEA and one subject on another page for AQA.
    Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Rev. Ian Paisley on the Vatican City: "A NEST OF POPERY!"

Andrew's a starfighter pilot.
    Andy, you're a star.

I never went to collect my GCSE or A level certificates when I was at school, and they throw them away after a while. I've never needed them for applications or anything though so I'm surprised you do.
    I'd imagine it is possible to get some from the exam board though.

im going to keep looking till they actually ask me for them, i have copies and my statements of results anyways so i should hopefully be ok

Quote Originally Posted by Amira
    It depends on the exam board. Some charge per subject, others will put all the exams on one certificate.
    I had to have my certificates when I applied for college. They wouldnt just take my word for it. I know its expensive to get new ones, but I just saw it as stupidity tax for me losing my originals.

quick update....i found them

w00t.

Cool

Use this link
    http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualCon...ic_awards_.pdf
    and you fill out a form and send it to edexcel. All the details are on the form.(including payment details)
    By the way you need to have adobe acrobat reader i think its called to view the form.
    Im doing the same thing. I need them to get into a college.

i thought collages checked your results on the exam boards database and thats how you got accepted or not...
    Conformity before conscience Uniformity before faith!

To infinity and beyond!

"the reason i took drugs in the first place was because ...i was confused.
    it's all become clear since" -Rolly.

Just as it is true that a stream cannot rise above its source, so it is true that a national literature cannot rise above the moral level of the social conditions of the people from whom it derives its inspiration-James Connolly.

hi there
    i know im replying way too late but i've lost my IGCSE results that i gave in 2009 may/june and oct/nov as 1 of u said that i may contact the boards and pay a fine of £15 but can u give me the link of that
    im studying in UAE in alain so if any1 can help i would gratefull to him

I can't remember if I ever actually showed mine to anyone
    I hold it true, whate'er befall; I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost Than never to have loved at all.