Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15

    Question Barley Wood Rehab

    Hi, i'm new here and was wondering if anyone had any comments, negative or postitive on Barley Wood Treatment Centre in Somerset, cos i'm going there next week to start my detox and probably not going to get to see the place before i go...
    Thanx

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    N.Ireland
    Posts
    19,343
    sorry boss never heard of it, i'm not sure anyone here has been (most of us love our drinkndrugs too much and aren't ready to quit) but i'm sure you'l be treated well and i hope it all goes well for ya
    Last edited by Yerascrote; 26-01-2005 at 05:48 PM.
    Conformity before conscience Uniformity before faith!

    To infinity and beyond!

    "the reason i took drugs in the first place was because ...i was confused.
    it's all become clear since" -Rolly.

    Just as it is true that a stream cannot rise above its source, so it is true that a national literature cannot rise above the moral level of the social conditions of the people from whom it derives its inspiration-James Connolly.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    104
    Hi there

    i've sent quite a few clients to Barley Wood for a 6 monther. I've never had any bad feedback about it.


    It all depends who's in there @ the mo, eg, staff & clients. But more importantly, it's your own determination, motivation and self-will power. As the easey part is Detoxing, but the hardest part, is staying clean/dry, and not relapsing.


    Did you do a Medical Detox? Brook Drive? Long Yard? City Rd's?
    Last edited by john the hippie; 26-01-2005 at 06:22 PM.
    " Our World is not for sale!! People and nature before profits!! "

  4. #4
    Skive's Avatar
    Skive is offline No discipline! No morality! No respect!
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Another level
    Posts
    14,769
    Rehab's for quitters.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15
    Hi, thanks for replying and yep i totally agree with what you're saying that it depends on the crowd in there at the time - i'm going to get off drugs and medication though, not to find a new social scene, i haven't lost sight of that! I just wondered what it was like as a place with regards to what the regime is like. I am actually going to be detoxed at Barley Wood, i'm currently on 70ml of methadone a day, the biggest mistake i ever made going on that stuff, but that's another story! Not sure what you mean by Brook Drive Long Yard City Rd's though, i'm not from Bristol/Somerset area, i'm on the isle of wight... Can't wait to gett here though i am so looking forward to getting all this crap behind me at long last

  6. #6
    Blagsta is offline I eat threads for breakfast
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    16,756
    viva acid house

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dirty Jerz, USA
    Posts
    60
    err domiow i think u joined the wrong board mate
    I said GODDAMN

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Staffordshire (UK)
    Posts
    1,613
    Quote Originally Posted by SOPH1A
    err domiow i think u joined the wrong board mate
    Not at all, many people here are extremely well educated about drugs and know the ins and outs of drug use and abuse... people here give out good advice.
    "Yesterday is yesterday, if we try to re-capture it, we will only lose tommorow"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live in North Wales and
    Posts
    34,621
    Quote Originally Posted by domiow
    Hi, i'm new here and was wondering if anyone had any comments, negative or postitive on Barley Wood Treatment Centre in Somerset, cos i'm going there next week to start my detox and probably not going to get to see the place before i go...
    Thanx
    go for it mate!
    NEVER HEARD OF THE PLACE ..you ...can make the place work maybe.
    some of 'em are crap till the right client turns up ...seriously.
    how determined are you?
    are you being sent there against your will?
    if so ...you won't be that person.
    excuse the off cuff comments in here ...your new ...this lot are basicly dead sound ...even bong!
    your in with a good bunch of USERS REMEMBER ....mostly.
    so any notion of needing to go to rehab is totaly alien to them.
    i've been in rehab for addiction.
    it worked for me ...not the way they would like but ...i did it for me ...not them.
    do it ...do it ...and do it some more ...see if you can be ...a voice of calm and reason ...whenever your confronted wth sonmething you disagree with ...if you feel you have been proved wrong ...hold your hands up.
    if you have any pprinciples then show them.
    i yththoroughly enjoyed my time there ...very emotional ...
    you obviously need it ...you can handle it ...you will thrive yes!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15
    no i didn't cos i got the response from john the hippie that i was looking for, which was that he hadn't heard any negative feedback, that's good enough for me
    Don't get me wrong here i am gonna miss my drugs like nothing else - BIG time, but there has come a point in my life where i know i have to say goodbye - sad but true, keep enjoying yours though while you can, i have no intentions of becoming an up my own arse preacher when i get out, this is just something that i have to do for me

  11. #11
    Blagsta is offline I eat threads for breakfast
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    16,756
    I haven't heard of that particular rehab, but I teach in a rehab in south west London so I know a little about it. If you feel ready for it, go for it. It will be tough going but also very rewarding. Be prepared to put the work in.
    Good luck.
    viva acid house

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15
    cheers morrocan & Nash - I figured this was as good a place as any to get some sound advice too and i'm going to rehab for me, no other reason, i'm 36, i've had a damn good innings over the years and it's time to move on to pastures new, no one can keep going forever, so while i've still got some sanity intact it's a good time to do it and i'm looking forward to it - but yeah i won't take any shit, i will have my say and voice my opinions and make sure i get out of it what i want to get out of it - if that makes any sense! And if i get bored in straightsville, well i can still stick my head round the door again from time to time if i want can't i, perhaps i never will, but it's knowing that i could if i wanted to that will get me through - it's called delay tactics and some people can delay their using for 20 years or more - whatever works innit!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live in North Wales and
    Posts
    34,621
    Quote Originally Posted by domiow
    cheers morrocan & Nash - I figured this was as good a place as any to get some sound advice too and i'm going to rehab for me, no other reason, i'm 36, i've had a damn good innings over the years and it's time to move on to pastures new, no one can keep going forever, so while i've still got some sanity intact it's a good time to do it and i'm looking forward to it - but yeah i won't take any shit, i will have my say and voice my opinions and make sure i get out of it what i want to get out of it - if that makes any sense! And if i get bored in straightsville, well i can still stick my head round the door again from time to time if i want can't i, perhaps i never will, but it's knowing that i could if i wanted to that will get me through - it's called delay tactics and some people can delay their using for 20 years or more - whatever works innit!
    love and peace brother.
    peace being something that addicts have often lost touch with.
    please stay in touch.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by morrocan roll
    love and peace brother.
    peace being something that addicts have often lost touch with.
    please stay in touch.
    Thank you and yes it will be nice to regain some inner peace once again - i have a blog actually that i started beginning of the year when i knew i was skidding out of control, if you're interested (or bored one day!) www.20six.co.uk/islandgirl - yep, im a sister, not a brother x

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    N.Ireland
    Posts
    8,970
    Never heard of that rehab but good luck with it all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Show site map

TheSite.org is delivered by YouthNet UK. Registered charity number: 1048995