Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread

Fun Things To Do At A Dinner Party

Next month I maybe throwing a dinner party in a resturant for around 16 people - 8 women and 8 men .. need some ideas for funny conversation starters, little games perhaps or anything which would make the night fun.

Oh one I idea I had was something we did many years ago at an xmas party where we were asked to write down on a piece of paper something embaressing that happened to us and then someone read out the stories and we had to guess who that story belonged too, I still remember the story of the girl in our office told us of her getting caught stealing a creme egg!!

Onion Ring hoopla

Onion rings + Wine bottle = win
    Wyetry is technically my sister.

"I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
    I took the one less travelled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Rest in peace Jake, doing the agadoo in a better place.

"Save my soul and shit on my face." - RubberSkin.

FakeBook

Originally posted by Dr Pirate
    Onion Ring hoopla

Onion rings + Wine bottle = win
    That sounds stupid.

But has the potential to be hilarious.
    Voted Poster of the Year: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.

food fight always made me laugh

G Guest
    take some warm clotheswith you to change into and have a fire drill and make them stand outside

Originally posted by MrG
    take some warm clotheswith you to change into and have a fire drill and make them stand outside
    That is neither fun, a conversation starter or a little game.
    Wyetry is technically my sister.

"I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
    I took the one less travelled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Rest in peace Jake, doing the agadoo in a better place.

"Save my soul and shit on my face." - RubberSkin.

FakeBook

Originally posted by MrG
    that's mean but this game sounds like fun ...

Everyone sits in a circle. Placement doesn't matter. A player is chosen to go first. The player goes to another player in the circle that they think will laugh easily. Then they sit on their lap and say "Baby if you love me, won't you please smile?" They can play with that player's hair or whisper in their ear or act loving or anything that will get them to laugh. It all depends on the type of party and the ages of the players. If it is in a youth group or with kids or with teens that have adults around you may have to set rules on what type of touching, etc. is allowed. If it is with adults, couples, singles, or teens it all depends on what they
    decide. You may say anything goes or you may say that no touching another player is allowed.

After the person says "Baby if you love me won't you please smile?" the player being sat on must say "Baby I love ya but I just can't smile" without laughing or even cracking a smile. If they don't smile and say the phrase without a hitch, the person on their lap moves on to try and get somebody else. If the person being sat on does laugh it's their turn to be the person in the middle.

Conclusions is always a fun game... you can end up with some very odd stories...

on a piece of paper, write a girl's name, fold it over, pass it on to the next person, who writes a boys name. and it carries on like that. i cant remember all the things to write down though... im sure someone on here will.
    Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

G Guest
    i was thinking he was a guest at a dinner pary at first and wanted some fun ideas to do incase he got bored

but i postyed anyway cause its all that came into my head

Originally posted by Cute_Baby_Bear
    Conclusions is always a fun game... you can end up with some very odd stories...

on a piece of paper, write a girl's name, fold it over, pass it on to the next person, who writes a boys name. and it carries on like that. i cant remember all the things to write down though... im sure someone on here will.
    Oh that reminds me of a game we used to play during class at school (naughty!!) we used to draw a body part each, fold it over, so I would draw the head, the person on my right would draw the neck and shoulders etc, so you'd end up with this weird person! And sometimes we'd take it in turns to write sentences in a story, which would turn out even stranger.