Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread

How long for blood test results?

Does anyone know how long it generally takes for blood test results to come back? I had a blood test on monday (mainly looking at the full blood count, although it tested for other things as well), and am a bit nervous about the results. If it's past the time it normally takes, then at least I can relax a bit! I had it done at the hospital as opposed to the g.p's, don't know if that makes a difference? Thanks, Tates x
    what is simple in the moonlight, by the morning never is

well mine took just over a week.

they were done at the hospital and the results were back at my gp's in 8 days.
    “I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.”

I just had a blood test last wednesday and I was told to wait 10 days but that is because I am getting something tested for my stomach or something.
    When my crowd doesn't like my style, I change my crowd, not my style!

http://kazlw.bebo.com

Damn, I was really hoping I could stop worrying! Every time my phone rings I'm getting stupidly wound up, grr! Got an exam on monday as well which doesn't help!

budda is offline TheSite.org's Singular Sage
    It depends, mostly just a week, I had one set of tests that took 4 weeks to come back. But then that was 'cat scratch fever' so it was a little bit different.
    My great uncle died while trying to put the ancient Chinese board game he had just bought and had been saving up for on a set of scales, still its the go he would have wanted to weigh.

They usually just take a week mine are only taking 10 days because of what they are testing. It just depends what they are testing. Did you doc not say how long they would be?
    When my crowd doesn't like my style, I change my crowd, not my style!

http://kazlw.bebo.com

I've had so many now i've got used to it. They always tell me 7-10 days.

Nope, I forgot to ask and they didn't tell me. Just said that they'd get in contact if there's a problem.

At the surgery I work at we can usually get FBC results on the system after three working days - paper version takes about seven working days.

Other tests can take longer. You know you can ring the hospital - ask to be put through to the pathology lab and just tell them why you're ringing - for some results etc and they should let you know what they are. If you're worried it could put your mind at ease. The haematology department tests fbc.

I've had a few.

One time it had to be repeated as the first one got messed up. The repeat results came within 2 days of the second test but that was 10 days after the original test.

Another time they took about a week.
    Blessed are the cracked for they let in the light.