Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread

Cool 18th Birthday, what to do?

Hi, this is my first post and i thought you might be able to give me some ideas on what to do for my 18th, at the moment im planning to go to London for it, trouble is i dont know really know where to go in London, especially during the night, so thats where u come in. Any tips for a memorable Birthday or places to go while in London? What did you do for yours?

Thanks

i went paintballing, it was a class day, if youve never tried it before you really should

Yeah, been paint balling, great init? real adrenaline rush

yeah, specially attacking scenarios, ironically they are normally the most painful too

Re: 18th Birthday, what to do?

Originally posted by Bigfoot
    Hi, this is my first post and i thought you might be able to give me some ideas on what to do for my 18th, at the moment im planning to go to London for it, trouble is i dont know really know where to go in London, especially during the night, so thats where u come in. Any tips for a memorable Birthday or places to go while in London? What did you do for yours?

Thanks

We could help you a lot better if you told us more about yourself

How many people will be attending?

Will they all be over 18?

Will they be all male - female or mxed?

etc, the more you help us the more we can help you.

Only advice I can offer until you provide more iformation is IF you plan on going to Central London and attending a nightclub BOOK IN ADVANCE or you'll only get into really crap places .. I organised my friend's Stag do in London and booked us in Stringfellows follwed by 7 different nightclubs as I'd previously been invited to a friend of a friend's Birthday party in London where we did Sod all cos the silly sod thought you can just walk into a club on a saturday night in Cenral London - the answer is NO - they see a big group of guys and always turn you down.. and even after waiting over an hour in the queue.

The only place we went to that night was BURGER KING - I'm not joking nowhere would let a group of 15 guys in.

So more details from your end please!!

And where do you live - how much have you got to spend and how mcuh do you and your frend like to drink and how will you travel - taxi - train - bus and what date do you want it held on.

Also how smart are you and your friends planning to dress cos Central London clubs are fussy as hell.
    Last edited by DG; 28-08-2003 at 07:37 AM.

damn i'm supposed to be going to london for a friends brithday soon and i bet she hasn't booked nething, not that type of person.

As for being stuck for ideas I'm having the same problem organising my birthday. A lot of my friends won't be 18 and don't want to risk ne1 getting left behind so have no idea what to do. Want to do soemthing really memorable just don't know what.
    ahhhhh its so annoying

so if ne1's got any ideas that would be gr8. We're gonna be a mixed group, probably about 20 of us if that helps

I went out clubbing in London with some friends. Trouble was that one of them looks quite a bit younger and she had trouble getting in. Spent a lot of the night trecking around to find one she could get in. Was quite good fun though.

Well im planning only to go up with one friend, but that could change if i invite some other people from college i know, although there wont be anywhere near 15 people.
    Probably all Male.
    I was planning to stay in a hotel that ive stayed in before, its near waterloo tube station i believe.
    If it was just me and a friend or two, we wouldnt need to book would we?
    As its my 18th i suspect we will be having more than a few.
    I am planning to stay up there for a good couple of days from friday to monday or whatever.
    Also if the worst comes to the worst im sure i can be put on the guest list for the club which my uncle DJ's at regularly, although there is an older croud there.
    Also Diamond Geezer, can u reccomend any places to go during the day? although i have been to many of the tourist attractions.

Thanks

Originally posted by Bigfoot
    Well im planning only to go up with one friend, but that could change if i invite some other people from college i know, although there wont be anywhere near 15 people.
    Probably all Male.
    I was planning to stay in a hotel that ive stayed in before, its near waterloo tube station i believe.
    If it was just me and a friend or two, we wouldnt need to book would we?
    As its my 18th i suspect we will be having more than a few.
    I am planning to stay up there for a good couple of days from friday to monday or whatever.
    Also if the worst comes to the worst im sure i can be put on the guest list for the club which my uncle DJ's at regularly, although there is an older croud there.
    Also Diamond Geezer, can u reccomend any places to go during the day? although i have been to many of the tourist attractions.

Thanks

Getting on a guestlist is deadeasy - you can book many over the internet.

If you wanna really get smashed then maybe Ceasars is the place to go?? I think it's abou £20 to £25 to get in the door but after that there is a Buffet and it's drink as much as you like time!!! - That's probabaly good cos you don't have to worry about the cost of drinks after the intial enterance.

http://www.caesars.uk.com/

The website is really bad - I think the owner does it himself!!

I've been to a different ceasars- much smaller then this one from what I've been told.

Strawberry Moons is pretty good too - but te venue is quite small and very packed!!

I'd say Tiger Tiger is nice - but the doormen are pains in the arse about letting people in and making them queue to make the club look popular.

Do get on a guest list or two - or you'll be queuing for upto an hour.

I'll have a think about day time stuff - where are you from anyway - originally?

If you can invite some girls from college then you improve your cances of gettig ito London clubs - make sure every single person has photo ID and doesn't wear jeans or trainers.

What college do you go to?

Well, im from Swansea South Wales, so i go to Swansea college
    but i often find myself in London visiting the uncle. Caesars might be worth a look, ill be up for a couple of days so so always got time to do a bit of scouting? will Time Out have alot of info of clubs and stuff?