Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Angry why do 12 year old girls wear thongs?

it makes me so mad to know that you can now buy young girls of the age of 11 thongs i mean what is this world coming to??

i didnt start wearing thongs properly untill i turned 16 come on peeps lets hear your view!!
    xx
    Laura

Heylo Laura.

And yes, it makes me mad also. My ten year old sister went on a camping trip recently and she come back to tell me that one of the girls in her ten wore a thong. :| She was ten and she was wearing a thong. I think its sick.

I wear thongs like all the time, and im 15, i have done for about a year - not the same pair obviously

Personally, i think kids are starting to grow up alot quicker nowadays, probably because of marketing aimed at them. I know i've grown up quite quickly, but thats probably because i have 2 elder sisters and an elder brother. Saying that, i dont think ive grown up too quickly though, just mature for my age.

It probably makes them feel more grown up if they wear thongs or something. But yes, i do think 12 is very young to start wearing 'skimpy' underwear - but as i said before, with all the marketing that is now aimed at them to grow up quicker, you cant really blame them.

And 10 is just
    Last edited by Young and sexy; 02-08-2003 at 08:40 PM.
    Can't stand by myself
    Hate to sleep alone
    Surprises always help
    So I take somebody home
    To find out how I feel
    Feel like just a baby
    Portrait of a lady
    Poster of a girl

[Ignore User name] BAM.

well i think its ok...its a well-known fact that people are getting older quicker. I suppose in a way its business' faught for tehir 'tween-marketing' but hey thats where some of the most money lays (if disposable incomes lower, parnets would rather spend less on themseleves than on their children) so you can't really blame them.
    Madness need not be a breakdown but a breakthrough.

I didn't even know what a thong was when I was 10
    I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter

I'm kind of in two minds about this one. One part of me says yes, it's sick, sexual connotations and all that.

but then the other half of me thinks, these kids probably only want to wear thongs because they've seen their favourite singers wearing similar things on music vids etc etc, and so they don't associate them with sex at all, just with britney or kylie or whoever. they just want to copy their idols. at the end of the day it's only adults who associate them with sex.

having said that though, kids in thongs does nothing to help the whole paedophilia situation.

Originally posted by Faith
    I didn't even know what a thong was when I was 10
    nither did i!!!
    i only started wearing them at 16, and now i wear nothing but them.... but a 12year old!! its wrong!! my cousin is 14 and she doesnt own one!
    But kids now a days they try to be so grown up, so fast, and look, theres girls of 13, 14 with kids themselfs! scary!
    Is it co's I'm cool why you dress like me?
    Nik
    Msn - Ask me please
    hot or not?
    new icon?
    Its all about me
    Together we stand untied.

thank god for that at least u agree with me!!15 is ok to wear thongs but im saying that i think you should stay young while we can i mean my mum thinks im immature for my age which i dont see how so we should all live young till we cant but dont wear thongs at such a young age!! to m wearing a thong make me feel quite kinky lol thanks peeps
    xx
    Laura

Originally posted by KoolCat
    I'm kind of in two minds about this one. One part of me says yes, it's sick, sexual connotations and all that.

but then the other half of me thinks, these kids probably only want to wear thongs because they've seen their favourite singers wearing similar things on music vids etc etc, and so they don't associate them with sex at all, just with britney or kylie or whoever. they just want to copy their idols. at the end of the day it's only adults who associate them with sex.
    I agree with most of that. It just depends upon whose point of view and attitude it is. Yes, thongs have sexual connotations, but kids only wear them because of fashion. It's been the same for decades, with kids wanting to look more and more adult, which is something that kids just naturally want to do. For them it's playing of sorts.

Mr_Wobble
    System Error!!!
    Sausage Stack Overflow. Please re-insert banana and reboot Universe

mr_wobble @ wobbleworld co uk

think i posted a topic on this a while back.

They now sell things for 8 year olds.
    It's better to have something to remember than nothing to regret

you may be dissappointed if you fail, but you're doomed if you dont try.

CHOOSE LIFE
    29.5.03 I will light a candle for you 26.12.03

Originally posted by badabing
    think i posted a topic on this a while back.
    Yep, I remember it. Much the same things were said that have already been said. Some people think thongs = sex, not fashion. Of course they are both fashion (in their own right, and to prevent VPL), and sexy because they are revealing.

Mr_Wobble
    System Error!!!
    Sausage Stack Overflow. Please re-insert banana and reboot Universe

mr_wobble @ wobbleworld co uk

It's sick and any parent that lets her young daughter wear one of those things should be ashamed of themselves.

Uhhh, it's just underwear? Bloody hell, I wanted a bra when I was little. Oh noooo. Evil eeeeeevil. *stab stab*

Oooh *Points* New av Claire
    Can't stand by myself
    Hate to sleep alone
    Surprises always help
    So I take somebody home
    To find out how I feel
    Feel like just a baby
    Portrait of a lady
    Poster of a girl

[Ignore User name] BAM.

Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    Uhhh, it's just underwear? Bloody hell, I wanted a bra when I was little. Oh noooo. Evil eeeeeevil. *stab stab*
    How er...nice for you

But there is a difference between wanting to wear something and actually wearing it.