Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

Subscribe to newsletter

+ Reply to Thread

Aiya Napa - Recommend it or not?

I've been recommended Aiya Napa as a low cost alternative to Ibiza - has anyone been and if so can you illustrate the kind of prices you'd pay for drinks, food, accomodation and nights out.

Ok,

Firstly, Ayia Napa is nothing remotely like ibiza
    Ibiza is 1000 times better, trust me!
    Depends what you like really, but its 95% UK garage everywhere, and with UK Garage comes absolute rude boy twats, theres is ALOT of them there, lots of fighting etc.

Its good though, if you dont like garage you can find other styles, funky and deep house are there if u look.
    I DJ'd there last summer for 2 months, had a good time, but personally, i wouldnt go there for a holiday, my opinion, but bare in mind that if you wanna go somewhere for a clubbing holiday or a general great time, ibiza is the place to go...

Ayia Napa is pretty expensive, horribly expensive in fact, obviously you dont have the big clubs there so club entry isnt much, but drinks are very expensive, usually €5 or €6 for a bud / smirnoff ice / anything...

Food about the same as everywhere else, faliraki, ibiza, magaluf etc...

If i were you mate id go to Ibiza, it really is no contest, but its not my money!
    Have a good one wherever you go

rob

I went to Ayia Napa in 2000 and 2001 and think its expensive. I didn't notice price differences in drinks in Napa to over here, I spent over £1000 in 2 weeks.

A lot is garage but there is a couple of 70's/80's clubss, which are a really good laugh. The bars are really good, the street of bars is better than the square because its quicker to get served. Theres also a big club that plays dance/pop but can't remember what its called.

I've nothing to compare it to as its the only place I've been for that kind of holiday. Although 2000 was brilliant, 2001 it was too overhyped.
    My livejournal

SPONSOR ME - RACE FOR LIFE

What if I was good to you What if you were good to me What if I could hold you till I feel you move inside of me

Where would you say is better to go to live for a few months and work etc? i'm thinking of doing that next year.
    *~Don't you just hate it when that happens?~*

ayia napa is brilliant, theres lots to choose from, loads of themed bars-brilliant ive been to ibiza as well and i definatly prefered ayia napa, theres more to do, prices are very reasonable as well.

one thing though, the drug laws in cyprus are terribly strict and will jail you for having the smallest amount on you!
    "It's difficult to believe in yourself because the idea of self is an artificial construction. You are, in fact, part of the glorious one-ness of the universe. Everything beautiful in the world is within you. No-one really feels self-confident deep down because it's an artifical idea. Liberate yourself from that idea that people are watching you”

it's a shit hole, your more likely to get stabbed there,

Find out more about it here.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemmingway

i know this isnt actually answering your question, but kavos (in corfu) is good and so's faliraki (....its all media hype at the moment!!!) so consider these as alternatives!!!!