Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

View Poll Results: Should 30ish women date teenaged boys?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I don't see a problem with it.

13 37.14%
  • No way. It's just too gross!

19 54.29%
  • No opinion.

3 8.57%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Older women who act like teenagers.

This is something that really disgusts me. There is nothing nastier than seeing a woman in her 30's dressing, acting like, and hanging out with teenagers.

Don't these women realise that they are making complete and utter fools of themselves? If they would stop living in their delusional little "Candy Land" fantasy world for a few moments they just MIGHT hear the derisional laughter and sly remarks made by those who really ARE teens!

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with a woman in her 30's wanting to look young and attractive, but this is going just a little too far. Feel good about yourself by all means, but please dress in a way to suit your own age instead of making a walking joke of yourself. A Nutty Tart backpack does NOT look 'cool' or 'cute' on a woman in her 30's, it merely makes her look ridiculous.

My other main gripe with these women who appear to be suffering from a bad case of arrested developement is their pursuit of teenaged boys. Most of the older women I've seen who behave like this tend to be on the ugly, frumpy and obese side. They REALLY believe that these guys do find them to be the sexiest things on two legs and will not get it through their heads that they are nothing but a quick and convenient shag, to be thrown aside when some young sexy female enters their life. Now, I don't blame you guys for taking advantage of such stupidity but could you please stop encouraging them? My eyes really can't tolerate seeing these women stuff themselves into teeny tiny teenager clothes and prancing around like some sexy adolescent disco queen! It's horrendous and very offensive to the senses! It also causes me to lose control of my bladder when I laugh myself stupid at how totally stupid and UN-sexy they actually look.

Okay, that's my gripe. And for those who don't know, I'm 39 years old and have the right to take the piss outta my own age group :D
    If you need to lie about who you are and what you do then maybe it's time to improve yourself.

I don't see the problem with it personally. Each to their own.
    Second baby due in October

wow, youve got a lot of pent up anger havent you. why shouldnt someone dress how they like. I personally think `nutty tart` handbags look ridiculous on anyone including teenagers, but its 100% up to them. Its not disgusting or outrageous or anything, its just not to my taste.

i dont think its really appropriate for people with that sort of age gap to actually date each other, but theres nothing wrong with having friends of different ages.

Lacy Guest
    My aunties 40, dresses like an 18 yr old and is married to a bloke in his 20s and if i can act like that at her age i'd be happy! :D

Pent up anger? No, I think it's just that I strongly believe that teenagers and young adults should be free to have their own entertainment without people in their 30's trying to join in. They've already had their time to be teenagers and need to realise that it's time to grow up.

If someone in their 20's wants to date an older woman than more power to them, but I just can't stand to see an ugly, fat and frumpy 35 year old woman with a 17 year old boy. I think it's tasteless. I've also seen such behaviour break up a marriage and the poor child of this marriage is caught in a very volitile and angry situation.

Come on people, get real. Instead of answering in a way that you think will make you look like enlightened modern women think about all the possible consequences of such immature behaviour in an older woman. It has been proven by psychological studies that the majority of older women who behave in this manner are suffering from psychological disturbances. Is it right to encourage such mental problems? Is it right that they should impose themselves on those who are much younger, thereby forcing others to participate in their fantasy world of delusions and psychosis?

If a woman dates a younger man I see no problem with it, but there has to be a boundary line as to what is acceptable. A 17 year old boy with a 35 year old woman is just too much. However, I have seen the rare occasions where this has worked due to the fact that the woman didn't act and dress like a teen but instead she acted appropriately for her own age, with dignity and class. If a guy wants to learn about sexuality from an older woman, that is also fine. The purpose of this sort of relationship is for the young man to learn how to be mature in a sexual relationship. But if the woman is regressing and acting like a teen then she really isn't benefitting the younger man in his search for growth and maturity.

I think the majority of teenaged women would be quite angry if they lost a boyfriend to a woman who was old enough to be their mother.
    If you need to lie about who you are and what you do then maybe it's time to improve yourself.

My mate had a mum who was like that, she dressed up youngish and tried to be into all the shit we liked, I think it was because her husband had left her for a younger woman and it really messed her up.

Also er, my other mate shagged her, likely no else knows and my mate never found out!.

I think maybe some older woman should act their age. But the same could be said for older man!

Strange how when your younger you want to be older. Then when you get older you wish you could be young. Nothing wrong with being young at heart but I think you need to know the limits.

(P.S I blame the Spice girls again! )
    Eat well, stay fit - Die anyway

Thanks, Harmless, you've just proven my point for me, ie...that many of these women are suffering from a psychological problem and also that some teenagers will take advantage of it. I can't blame a young man for taking the sex when it's offered. It's only normal at that age, just like it's normal for men to look at other women, no matter what their age

I agree on your point about older men, too. Teenaged women are for teenaged guys and guys in their early 20's, and NOT for older men who already had their chance todate younger women when they themselves were young.

I think you are making huge stereotypes to a generaqtion of women. It sounds like you have had something bad happen to you and have made a big generalisations.

You cannot say a woman has mental problems because she dresses in a certain way. I don't care whether one study says so. We all know that research can be manipulated and one study can totally contradict another.

Well done to these women. If they feel good, then who gives a flying feck what narrowminded women like you think. Feminism is supposed to be about living and letting others live in a way that makes them happy, not judging and making assumptions.

Shame on you....take the chip off your shoulder and the stick out your bum.
    Some days I'm easy, my thoughts are for free.
    Some days I'm mean, don't mess with me.
    Today I'm just thoughtful, nothing sneaky,
    just plain and simple, not even cheeky....

lovedup x

Originally posted by Cyann
    Pent up anger? No, I think it's just that I strongly believe that teenagers and young adults should be free to have their own entertainment without people in their 30's trying to join in. They've already had their time to be teenagers and need to realise that it's time to grow up.

If someone in their 20's wants to date an older woman than more power to them, but I just can't stand to see an ugly, fat and frumpy 35 year old woman with a 17 year old boy. I think it's tasteless.
    Oh for God's sake, does it really matter? What does it offend you so much anyway?

Honestly, there's much worse things in life. As long as people are happy, who gives a fuck?

its not exactly a huge problem in the grand scheme of things though is it? as long as the people are over the age of consent, and its all consensual then whats the big deal. I think youve got a huge chip on your shoulder about something.

Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I think youve got a huge chip on your shoulder about something.
    Exactly. What's up?

I pulled a 32 year old hairdresser when I was a student and 20. Got her number after i was chatting and getting my hair cut. She was fairly smart but looked her age, still she had a nice tight ass. Nothing serious, I just enjoyed shagging around, as i'm sure she did. Was an experience. So long as neither party is deluded and thinks they are falling in love etc and its nothing more than shagging its ok by me.

Not saying that age should matter but I'd start to worry if a desperate 17yr old thought he'd fallen for an old slapper when her had nothing to compare her with.

First of all, I really don't have a chip on my shoulder. It's a matter of common sense and propriety. Society seems to be losing touch with these concepts which is one of the reasons why there has been a huge breakdown in family values.

Second, no, I've not had any sort of bad experience that has lead me to my opinion on this subject. I've formed my opinion based upon observation of real life situations and tragedies that have occured due to the irresponsible and immature behaviour of some women in their 30's.

There is indeed a name for this type of behaviour and it is classed as a psychological condition. It's called Paraphilic Adolescentilism and requires therapy with a psychologist. This isn't just a matter of an older woman wanting to go out for a good time. It's about someone who is suffering from retarded developement due to some trauma in her formative years, most likely while she was a teen. They become stuck in the mentality of a teenager and cannot accept the fact that they are now an older adult. They can only get sexual pleasure by acting and dressing like a teen and by dating teens. These women also tend to have very few friends in their own age group and prefer to surround themselves with teenagers because they cannot retain a mature friendship with adults. This is unhealthy, especially if these women happen to be mothers. The children then become retarted in their own personal growth because they are not learning the normal pattern of growing from childhood towards adulthood.

It is not very wise or thoughtful to encourage such behaviour. They need to be encouraged to seek a good therapist to get to the source of their retarded developement. Most of you who are teenagers can't wait to become an adult. Now imagine yourself forever trapped in your teen years, a condition that you want OUT of! Not a very pleasant thought, I'm sure.

Should the children of these mother's be forced to suffer? Is it right or fair on them? We used to live next to this woman who was in her late 30's. Not only did she have her own younger children living with her, but she also had grandchildren, the youngest 2 years old. This woman would go out regularly until 2 or 3 in the morning, leaving all these minor children alone. They were all ill-mannered, dirty, and total terrors. The mother's of the grandchildren weren't there either because they were too busy clubbing all night. It was also common for this older woman to arrive home at 3am with a taxi full of teenaged boys. You couldn't miss the fact that they were there because they would have the stereo up high, and would be standing outside bragging very loudly about "getting a free shag from the old lady." In the meantime, the two year old is running down the street in just a nappie, at 3am! Then there is the embarassment of a mother dressed in inappropriate clothes while picking her child up from school. I really feel for these kids because you can see the mortification in their eyes.

This is not a matter of consenting adults. It's about appropriate behaviour for one's age and the affects it can have on others.

I'm 39 and still get asked for ID before I can buy any liquor, but that doesn't mean I have the right to pretend to be younger than I am. With adulthood and motherhood come certain responsibilities, which does not include subjecting your young children to drunken teenaged parties and embarrassment from your behaviour.
    Last edited by Cyann; 08-10-2002 at 02:35 PM.

Originally posted by SharkyBoy
    So long as neither party is deluded and thinks they are falling in love etc and its nothing more than shagging its ok by me.

Not saying that age should matter but I'd start to worry if a desperate 17yr old thought he'd fallen for an old slapper when her had nothing to compare her with.
    Thanks Sharky, you make a very good point and this is what I am trying to get at. These women seriously think that they will have a long-term relationship with these teenagers and this isn't right. It isn't fair to try and tie one of these young guys into something permanent. I believe I stated before that I think it's good for young guys to get some sexual training from and older and more experienced woman, as long as the woman is also just in it for a little bit of fun. But for long term it isn't fair on the younger guy, who may eventually wish to be a father. These women, technically, are past the safe years for having children and a young guy just isn't mentally ready to take on a brood of step-children who in many cases are near to his own age. Fun is fun but when it's due to some sort of mental problem it should not be encouraged.

Who wants to be chased all over by, or even tied to, a 35 year old woman who weighs 14 stone and stuffs her body into a little spangly top and wears mini-skirts and talks like your kid sister?