Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

Subscribe to newsletter

+ Reply to Thread

Cotton substitute

When applying something on a wound to sanitise it, most people use a piece of cotton. But I hate raw cotton, just the memory of how it feels just made me shudder. Is there something I can use as a substitute, if I need to?
    "The exposure of truth sometimes results in tragedy... However! No matter how tragic the truth may be, it would be an even greater tragedy to avert one's eyes from it." ~Miles Edgeworth
    ---
    If you don't like where you are, move. You are not a tree.
    ---
    The truth of a proposition has nothing to do with its credibility, and vice versa.

Hey Indrid Cold,

Thanks for your post.

I think you might receive more responses in the Health and Wellbeing forum. So I have moved it there now.

Hope you are OK though. Maybe a word with your pharmacist might help? I'm sure they can recommend a similar product that isn't as rough as raw cotton.

If I'm honest, the handbag I would probably like most is a big, hollowed-out potato with handles on it. A giant King Edward with satchel straps. Then, in times of crisis, I could bake and eat the handbag, and survive the winter.
    How to be a woman, Caitlin Moran, 2011. Ebury Press.

Thanks. I wasn't sure in which forum to put it.
    I'm OK, it's just one of these things that I figure is better to know in advance.

In case it matters, it's not the roughness that bothers me with cotton. It's the way it feels when you squeeze it, and it's necessary to squeeze it.
    "The exposure of truth sometimes results in tragedy... However! No matter how tragic the truth may be, it would be an even greater tragedy to avert one's eyes from it." ~Miles Edgeworth
    ---
    If you don't like where you are, move. You are not a tree.
    ---
    The truth of a proposition has nothing to do with its credibility, and vice versa.