Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 15.38%
  • No

11 84.62%
+ Reply to Thread

Madeline McCann aged 9

So, the new generated image has just been released . Does anyone think she's going to be found?
    "We're Starfleet officers, weird is part of the job." (Capt. Janeway)

Hmm its very hard to say. Unless they plaster that picture over every newspaper til people get it in their heads, people are still going to be looking for the little 3/4 year old she was. I mean if shes changed that much people just wont recognise her.

If she is still alive and being held captive, then MAYBE one day her captors may think no one will recognise her now, take her out somewhere and she may be brave enough to make a run for it. Who knows
    Love Is Not Love That Alters When It Alteration Finds

I hate to say it, but the age she went missing at, if she was still alive, she could very well be living a perfectly normal life, totally unaware of her past.
    "Sometimes it's worth making your own opportunities instead of waiting for others"

"We are working on the basis of two possibilities here - one is that Madeleine is still alive; and the second that she is sadly dead."
    Wow... So there isn't a third possibility? My mind has been blown away.
    "The exposure of truth sometimes results in tragedy... However! No matter how tragic the truth may be, it would be an even greater tragedy to avert one's eyes from it." ~Miles Edgeworth
    ---
    If you don't like where you are, move. You are not a tree.
    ---
    The truth of a proposition has nothing to do with its credibility, and vice versa.

Who said alive or dead?
    "We're Starfleet officers, weird is part of the job." (Capt. Janeway)

Quote Originally Posted by G-Raffe View Post
    I hate to say it, but the age she went missing at, if she was still alive, she could very well be living a perfectly normal life, totally unaware of her past.
    Agreed. I do think she's dead, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Indrid Cold View Post
    Wow... So there isn't a third possibility? My mind has been blown away.
    I guess they ruled out zombie. Good to know!
    Of all the mistakes you've made, the best are yet to come.

Look at the case of Ben Needham and, well, there's your answer.

I don't think she's dead, just as I don't think Ben is. As with Ben, my hunch is child trafficking and sale for adoption. But I don't think her parents will ever know what happened to her. And I think that's even more painful than finding her body.
    Can you hold me like you held someone you shouldn't have let go?
    Can you keep me deep inside like the regrets that burned a hole?
    Can you love me like you loved someone you loved so long ago?

I too think she is probably alive. But yeah, I hate to say it but the due to age she was when she went missing, she probably thinks her captors are her parents. Maybe they even taught her another language and she doesn't know she's English? If she's still alive she's going to get a nasty shock when she understands what happened, and poor Mr and Mrs McCann will probably never get their "daughter" back as Madeline won't associate them as mum and dad?

Just my take. It's a horrible story though. Poor girl and family. Sometimes I really hate people.
    "The planet is fine.... the people are fucked. Compared to the people, the planet is doing great."

Someone a couple of years ago discovered that her "mother" had kidnapped her and found her real one. I'd look for the article but I don't remember any names. My point is that it could happen in this case too. What makes me think it less likely that she's alive is the publicity this story got early on.
    "The exposure of truth sometimes results in tragedy... However! No matter how tragic the truth may be, it would be an even greater tragedy to avert one's eyes from it." ~Miles Edgeworth
    ---
    If you don't like where you are, move. You are not a tree.
    ---
    The truth of a proposition has nothing to do with its credibility, and vice versa.

brunettebarbie is offline Imagination, life is your creation
    I think she's alive...

"i'm finding a meaning. Once you say, finally 'now i've got it,' then you've lost it, because you're dragging it down to something very limited. It's an on-going process and the meaning of life itself. One is continually going into the depths of yourself, discovering a strength, a presence perhaps, in heart of yourself." Karen Armstrong

I know you're after me but leave the devices out

"They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." ~Andy Warhol~