Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up We need you! London Marathon 2013

Do you like running or would like to get into running? Ever fancied running a marathon?

(Fostress running the Brighton Marathon)

Well now’s your chance! We have places in the Virgin London Marathon 2013 and are really pleased to be able to offer a small team the chance to run, before the ballot opens. You are all a huge part of the work we do here at YouthNet and we would love you to represent the charity by running for us.

We know that running a marathon is well, a marathon task! But don’t worry, the team at YouthNet will be here to help you every step of the way. We’ll help you to fundraise and give you lots of training tips and support throughout the year.

We also know it’s not a quick or easy decision to run a marathon, so you don’t need to give us a definite answer just yet. If you think you might be interested and want to find out more please get in touch either here or PM LauraO
    Become a fan of TheSite.org on facebook

"I love standing on a crowded platform in a tube station and feeling like I'm insignificant in all of this. All these people and lives I have no idea about. Gives me a sense of better perspective."

clementine_the_tangerine

I'm joining a running club after the footy season ends so this could be something to aim for
    So it's a definitely maybe from me
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

“People who are homeless are not social inadequates. They are people without homes.”

Quote Originally Posted by hmmm7 View Post
    I'm joining a running club after the footy season ends so this could be something to aim for
    So it's a definitely maybe from me
    "The greater the problems you've survived, the richer your hidden history of achievement is likely to be."

Just moving this over so everyone gets the chance to see it. If you're interested get in touch here or PM me

Hmmm7 - Really glad to hear you might be tempted I'll be in touch very soon with more details.

I would definitely consider it. The half marathon was the hardest thing I ever did, and my proudest achievement.

Promise me you'll always remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    ― Winnie-the-Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by piccolo View Post
    I would definitely consider it. The half marathon was the hardest thing I ever did, and my proudest achievement.
    I can just send you some more info at this stage and you can have a think about it if you'd like? I know it's not a quick decision to make

I'd be interested in considering it. I need a target to kick my arse into gear with training!
    Can you hold me like you held someone you shouldn't have let go?
    Can you keep me deep inside like the regrets that burned a hole?
    Can you love me like you loved someone you loved so long ago?

Quote Originally Posted by LauraO View Post
    I can just send you some more info at this stage and you can have a think about it if you'd like? I know it's not a quick decision to make
    Totally. And if Arctic Roll and hmm7 get in on the act we could be a proper sexy team!

Promise me you'll always remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    ― Winnie-the-Pooh

I will sponsor Atm, I run like 3k most days and doubt I could do much longer ha.
    There's only one way of life
    And that's your own, your own, your own

One Way - The Levellers

Info for now for me, until au locate my sanity

Quote Originally Posted by yellowseahorse View Post
    I will sponsor Atm, I run like 3k most days and doubt I could do much longer ha.
    You've got a year to manage another 39k.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Roll View Post
    Info for now for me, until au locate my sanity
    I'll send some info shortly. Good to hear you might be tempted

ShyBoy is offline Born on Earth, raised on TheSite.org
    info me plz
    Be happy, accept those you care for, and live your life in a manner true to yourself, those you care for, and the values you hold dear to your heart.
    -- Click To See More

Quote Originally Posted by ShyBoy View Post
    info me plz
    will do. Info will be winging it's way over to you all by the end of the day

Quote Originally Posted by piccolo View Post
    Totally. And if Arctic Roll and hmm7 get in on the act we could be a proper sexy team!
    HAHA!
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

“People who are homeless are not social inadequates. They are people without homes.”