Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What's your favourite day and why?

Yay, first day of spring

(photo by one of our TheSite photographers)

In last night's chat we were asking each other this question. It strikes me that sometimes having a specific day to look forward to can give us that push to get through the week in a happier frame of mind.

I also think it's a good question for getting to know people better - it helps people understand, what are the things that really matter to you?

My answer to the question was

I like Sunday's because I never feel pressure to do anything...usually the rest of the week is so hectic...it's nice to know there's a day when I can be a lazy bum
    Having said that, I also tend to like Wednesdays as it's a day when I get to see special people in my life. Here are a few other examples from others in the chat...

Wednesday, I have nice lessons xD welsh, tech, music, drama and art..
    Tuesday and saturday, cos i see people I like
    Mines wednesday too, football match during the day then football training on the night yippee.
    fridays r the best
    Tuesday, I get to spend time with my dad, if he's not at a meeting or not getting together with the Muslim community.
    And of course, this kind of conversation does lead us to flip the coin the other way and ask what's your worst day?

I definitely agree with the following:

Mondays are the worst.
    Best days, worst days....and why?
    Become a fan of TheSite.org on facebook

"I love standing on a crowded platform in a tube station and feeling like I'm insignificant in all of this. All these people and lives I have no idea about. Gives me a sense of better perspective."

clementine_the_tangerine

Friday has to be the best, awesome lessons at school then 2 hours of ballet, which are the best 2 hours of my week.

I think Wednesday would be my worst day, it has that middle of the week kind of feeling, I have awful lessons, and although we finish school early, I never have anything to do after school so I spend hours sat at home.

Nina x
    Don't waste the best thing that has ever happened to you, just because you are a little unsure of who you are

Big big fan of Fridays. At work we go out to lunch as a team, then we finish a half hour earlier than usual. Followed by the weekend, two days of not getting up early, just bimbling around the house doing whatever needs doing. Painting the fence, going to the tip, quiet time with a book and a drink, out for a walk with the dogs and the missus, the list of lovely things goes on. Friday is the herald of all this, the gentle downward slope and the saviour of the week (scuse the pun).
    "We're Starfleet officers, weird is part of the job." (Capt. Janeway)

I guess mine would have to be Friday and Saturday, the end of the week and the days where i can just chill. Sundays have always been the day we have to do family things and have always had to since my childhood, so i just find them really dull.

Having said that, since i dont do set shifts at work, i could potentially work any day of the week and have any other 2 days of the week off, so they become my new favourite days
    Love Is Not Love That Alters When It Alteration Finds

Scrunday. It's the day between Sunday and Monday that only I know about.
    I was sitting down with a few doing what we do
    connected and focused we were practicing tongue-foo.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Tuesdays are pretty bleak. Because Monday apparently you're still relatively 'high' from the weekend but Tuesday just feels like a downer because you haven't even reached the mid week hump of Wednesday.

I like Friday evenings personally.
    You can either believe your society should strive to be better than it's problems or as bad as them. - JimV

It's like I'm Marvel and you're DC - Edna Krabappel

a new site that i am blogging on these days... http://www.acapella-bella.net/

Wednesdays are the worst for me, I never have any energy and it's not close enough to the weekend yet, so it just doesn't feel good!

Fridays are my best day, I think. No uni, I treat it as my weekend

brunettebarbie is offline Imagination, life is your creation
    Helen, i'd agree with you- Sunday

Sunday is my day to soak in the bath and say 'fuck off' to anyone trying to contact me. I feel lost if i don't have a sunday to chill and actually manage to relax...

Worst day? Probably Wednesday or monday.

"i'm finding a meaning. Once you say, finally 'now i've got it,' then you've lost it, because you're dragging it down to something very limited. It's an on-going process and the meaning of life itself. One is continually going into the depths of yourself, discovering a strength, a presence perhaps, in heart of yourself." Karen Armstrong

I know you're after me but leave the devices out

"They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." ~Andy Warhol~

brunettebarbie is offline Imagination, life is your creation
    Quote Originally Posted by CptCoatHanger View Post
    Scrunday. It's the day between Sunday and Monday that only I know about.

"i'm finding a meaning. Once you say, finally 'now i've got it,' then you've lost it, because you're dragging it down to something very limited. It's an on-going process and the meaning of life itself. One is continually going into the depths of yourself, discovering a strength, a presence perhaps, in heart of yourself." Karen Armstrong

I know you're after me but leave the devices out

"They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." ~Andy Warhol~

Thursday.

I have no reason

I personally love Monday's, their just relaxsational, yes it may be back to school, and the end of the weekend, but love seeing my friends again, and sitting on 1+2 lesson in IT, don't do much work in school on a Monday to be perfectly honest. Great lesssons!!
    “If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.” - Pooh

“Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.” - Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by **Deeds** View Post
    I personally love Monday's, their just relaxsational, yes it may be back to school, and the end of the weekend, but love seeing my friends again, and sitting on 1+2 lesson in IT, don't do much work in school on a Monday to be perfectly honest. Great lesssons!!
    Made me
    Become a fan of TheSite.org on facebook

"I love standing on a crowded platform in a tube station and feeling like I'm insignificant in all of this. All these people and lives I have no idea about. Gives me a sense of better perspective."

clementine_the_tangerine

Not sure of days of the week but 21st of June (mid summers day) is my favourite day of the year. It always seems like a day full of magic
    Life is a hard race

Its an uphill battle
    Like being shackled to a rock, struggling up the mountain

But the elation at the top of every peak
    Is worth all the heart ache and every tear

One Eye on the Unknown

My favorite day is Friday too. Just to know that i have two days just for me, for sleep, for my hobbies is the best feeling i can have on Friday. And the worst, i think Tuesday. I just don't like this day.

Probably Saturdays. Because I neither have to get up early nor go to bed early. I'd say the Saturday is the most free day of the week.
    "The exposure of truth sometimes results in tragedy... However! No matter how tragic the truth may be, it would be an even greater tragedy to avert one's eyes from it." ~Miles Edgeworth
    ---
    If you don't like where you are, move. You are not a tree.
    ---
    The truth of a proposition has nothing to do with its credibility, and vice versa.