Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,737

    anal rape / oral rape / sexual abuse (triggering)

    I was anally raped when I was young and orally raped but never vaginally raped. Is there something wrong with my vagina? I think there is so I self harm vaginally a lot, I had surgery about ten days ago because of it but I can't resist the temptation to do more even if it leads to more damage. I'm damaged goods anyway. Why wasn't my vagina good enough for my abuser?

    Also, I feel strongly that I have contaminated him. He's been *inside* my arse where the poo comes out with no protection, no condom. I have tried douching myself with bleach and ingesting small amounts of it but I still feel dirty. Nothing will make this feeling go away.

    I am in so much pain. This was years ago by the way. But it haunts me. I can't sleep in the dark so I use a night light and I have dreams about meeting him again. He has a facebook profile that I keep looking at to see his picture of his face.

    Somebody please help me. Make it go away.
    Blessed are the cracked for they let in the light.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,250
    So the guy never had to answer for his crime? If not, why?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,737
    Quote Originally Posted by StrubbleS View Post
    So the guy never had to answer for his crime? If not, why?
    I was very young when it happened so I just went back to school, I didn't tell a soul. I didn't think it was rape for many years as I thought it was my own fault as many victims do. In reality I was under the age of consent so if I'd reported it at the time a conviction would be a lot more likely. I reported what happened to me in 2009 when I was 25 as I felt strong enough to face the police then. They were really good about it and took it very seriously, the cheif inspector got involved and it was investigated by the Met police to whom I reported it (as I live in London) and the Thames Valley police as I used to live in the Reading area. But basically there wasn't enough evidence to do anything more about it as so many years had passed. They said there would have been cctv and there was at least one sort of witness as it happened in a public place who might have seen something and DNA evidence of course but the time delay in me reporting it meant this evidence was gone.
    Blessed are the cracked for they let in the light.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,119
    First of all, i just want to say how sorry i am that yoy had to go through that, that is horrific.

    Secondly, i think the answer to why he didnt go vaginally was something like you were underage, could have gotten you pregnant, could have given you an STI, therefore leaving evidence maybe. Also if you were a virgin beforehand, it could be proved that you werent afterwards and it was because of him.

    Please dont think that any of this is your fault and please dont think any part of you is not good enough. Sorry if i havent kept up but have you looked for any help on this, maybe counselling or something?
    Love Is Not Love That Alters When It Alteration Finds

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,737
    Thanks Lexi. I've had a lot of counselling and therapy on this but I just don't seem to be able to get over it. Maybe I never will. It's all so hard.
    Blessed are the cracked for they let in the light.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexi99 View Post
    Also if you were a virgin beforehand, it could be proved that you werent afterwards and it was because of him.
    Yes I was a virgin. I don't "count" this as loosing my virginity though, as my first vaginal sex as a consenting adult was when I was 19 and this is the time that I count as my first.
    Blessed are the cracked for they let in the light.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,737
    there's nothing wrong with any part of you, you are beautiful and lovely and the extent that someone abused you does not relate to the 'standard' of your body. as lexi has said there could have been practical reasons for it. but in the end it doesn't matter, i know you can't see it but rape is rape and abuse is abuse, regardless of the details. it doesn't reflect on you.

    i know this has haunted you for so long and i wish so much that someone could make it go away. no one can take away the memory of what happened but hopefully one day you can accept it and move on, and be stronger for it. all i can really suggest is that you keep talking and engaging with the services that are there to help you.

    we all love you rg.
    “I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.”

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,737
    Quote Originally Posted by omg hi View Post
    there's nothing wrong with any part of you, you are beautiful and lovely and the extent that someone abused you does not relate to the 'standard' of your body. as lexi has said there could have been practical reasons for it. but in the end it doesn't matter, i know you can't see it but rape is rape and abuse is abuse, regardless of the details. it doesn't reflect on you.

    i know this has haunted you for so long and i wish so much that someone could make it go away. no one can take away the memory of what happened but hopefully one day you can accept it and move on, and be stronger for it. all i can really suggest is that you keep talking and engaging with the services that are there to help you.

    we all love you rg.
    Thank you
    Blessed are the cracked for they let in the light.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,254
    Quote Originally Posted by omg hi View Post
    there's nothing wrong with any part of you, you are beautiful and lovely and the extent that someone abused you does not relate to the 'standard' of your body. as lexi has said there could have been practical reasons for it. but in the end it doesn't matter, i know you can't see it but rape is rape and abuse is abuse, regardless of the details. it doesn't reflect on you.

    i know this has haunted you for so long and i wish so much that someone could make it go away. no one can take away the memory of what happened but hopefully one day you can accept it and move on, and be stronger for it. all i can really suggest is that you keep talking and engaging with the services that are there to help you.

    we all love you rg.
    this
    xprotège moix

    Gavin <3<3

    Woo!Me Livejournal! thanks Amira

  10. #10
    butterfly123's Avatar
    butterfly123 is offline The Mindful Cup of Tea Queen Bee
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,946
    BIG HUG Rg, love you lots xxxx

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,737
    I want to die now please.
    Blessed are the cracked for they let in the light.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    8,103
    i think you should consider admitting yourself to hospital for a bit hun, just to keep you safe
    The headlights from passing cars
    They illuminate my face then leave me the dark
    The voice of Nirvana says, "Come as you are"
    And I will
    My blog

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    It's grim up North London
    Posts
    2,317
    Quote Originally Posted by omg hi View Post
    there's nothing wrong with any part of you, you are beautiful and lovely and the extent that someone abused you does not relate to the 'standard' of your body. as lexi has said there could have been practical reasons for it. but in the end it doesn't matter, i know you can't see it but rape is rape and abuse is abuse, regardless of the details. it doesn't reflect on you.

    i know this has haunted you for so long and i wish so much that someone could make it go away. no one can take away the memory of what happened but hopefully one day you can accept it and move on, and be stronger for it. all i can really suggest is that you keep talking and engaging with the services that are there to help you.

    we all love you rg.
    This.

    :hug:
    Can you hold me like you held someone you shouldn't have let go?
    Can you keep me deep inside like the regrets that burned a hole?
    Can you love me like you loved someone you loved so long ago?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West country
    Posts
    2,882
    I don't want to say I know how you feel cos I don't because I'm not you, but I've been through very similar experiences and I've spent years wondering why me/why that/etc and gotten no concrete answers other than because they could - no blaming yourself because there is never anything a child (or anyone else) could do to deserve such a thing as punishment. They chose to do what they did for reasons that don't make sense because it's an act that doesn't make sense.

    I know the daily struggle of not blaming yourself, and trying to rebuild some semblance of self esteem and self respect and keeping it up. it's not easy and all I can say is that you need to learn to love yourself regardless of what's happened in the past. Easy to say I know, but take little baby steps.

    There are lots of books and other stuff I could suggest which may or may not help, but it might be worth giving it a go, I'll PM you a list if you'd like. It might be worth seeing if there's a support group around, because it can be quite helpful to see if your response to those experiences is something other people have gone through and come out the otherside of.

    Huge hugs sent your way!!
    Life is a hard race

    Its an uphill battle
    Like being shackled to a rock, struggling up the mountain

    But the elation at the top of every peak
    Is worth all the heart ache and every tear

    One Eye on the Unknown

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    479
    Hi Randomgirl,

    So sorry you are going through all this

    It seems like you are trying to hurt yourself physically in order to remove the horrible memories of your past. As you seem to know, self harming can be very dangerous, and even though it feels like a sudden relief, unfortunately it cannot remove the hurt inside and can cause serious consequences.

    It's very strong of you to open up about this and post your feelings. Having reported it was a good decision, it is unfortunate that the evidence was lacking and so frustrating - are you able to show the police his facebook profile?

    There are a couple of helplines that focus on this kind of abuse - such as Saneline and RASASC (rape and sexual abuse support center) - and calling them when you are feeling like self harming could really help with emotional support.

    You say you have had counselling before - have you been able to have long term counselling? And have you told your family about what happened?

    Keep strong, and as many people mentioned, you are not to blame for all this at all
    have hope and faith, things will eventually fade or change

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Show site map

TheSite.org is delivered by YouthNet UK. Registered charity number: 1048995