Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation I hate being Gay

I really hate the feeling of being gay, I feel like no one will accept me because I don't accept myself and I don't know if I even want to. But I am in love with this guy and he is in love with me, I love the feeling of sucking him off and I love being near and with him...but when I am away from him I hate myself I hate thinking I think that way...what should I do?

I don't even know if its just that, the first guy I ever fell in love with killed my heart, so maybe I am affried

Being gay doesn't define you, it's just a sexual preference. Good on you for finding someone worthy and I hope you'll learn to love yourself for you! Don't let anyone change that =)

Maybe getting intouch with the London Lesbian & Gay switchboard and talking over how you feel with someone who might have been through similar things might help.

Why do you hate yourself? Because being gay is a perfectly natural and OK thing to be. Has anyone ever told you otherwise?

Hating being gay is all to easy to do, it has after all "ruined your life" - you're not going to follow the life plan that you and everyone else assumed you would. But the truth is what society tells us we should want from relationships very rarely actually matches up with what we do want, it's just you've found that out earlier than most, and so have the chance to think about it, and go into life knowing what you want, rather than realising after many years wasted in strangely unsatisfactory relationships.

But yes, you need to change yourself - you need to work out what you think is wrong with being a man who likes men, and see if that there really isn't anything wrong with it. you need to not hate yourself for being gay, but to embrace it - it's who you are, and it can bring you much happiness is you let it.
    I hold it true, whate'er befall; I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost Than never to have loved at all.

I can add nothing to what Big Gay has said.

If you can't face calling a dedicated gay helpline, you could try talking it through with the Samaritans.

Promise me you'll always remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    ― Winnie-the-Pooh

Just dont let the hatred ruin your life further, do your best to embrace it! i hid from it and tried to change myself for years.. and it got me into some really bad stuff. It is what you are, theres no way to change it, and its not a bad thing! Always remember that!
    Life is a rollercoaster. One minute your excited, and the next, your squeezing your eyes shut, scared shitless.
    But without the scares, how would you know the excitment??
    Without out the lows of life, how would you recognise the highs, and the happy moments?

Like water settling in a jug...
    it takes a long time, lots of ups and downs,
    but they get smaller and smaller
    until eventually they are gone.