Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: raver like me

raver like me

hey all, where can a raver like me get his fix in London?? i came from aus almost 2 months ago and apart from going to amsterdam for defqon next month, i cant find any hard dance clubs...sydney had a few so i thought clubs like this would be easy to find in london. any ideas?

Pill'ed may be a long in a while to help with this one...

Sadly quite a lot of really good clubs have closed their doors in the last few years, but there are still a few about and also some bars in soho have good basement clubs. Have you checked out SE1 near London bridge?
    Become a fan of TheSite.org on facebook

"I love standing on a crowded platform in a tube station and feeling like I'm insignificant in all of this. All these people and lives I have no idea about. Gives me a sense of better perspective."

clementine_the_tangerine

no i havnt but i will have a look. yer soho seems like the kinda place. i think i may need to mingle with the locals to find the kind of underground clubs. thanks for the advice

I know people who spend a lot of time in rave clubs so there must be a scene in London. In terms of mainstream clubs that consider themselves part of the rave scene, I guess the places to look would be Fabric (Farringdon) or Ministry of Sound (Elephant and Castle)

Promise me you'll always remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    ― Winnie-the-Pooh

Back in the day time out used to have a good club listing section. Also i very much doubt that you would find a club playing that sort of music in soho - which tends to be too cheesy - I used to to go lots in hackney/dalston and brixton. Once you've found one though its fairly easy to get into the scene and get fliers for other stuff going on.
    DrPirate is technically my little brother apparently - even though hes like a bazillion foot taller than me (OK 6 inches)

Skive is offline No discipline! No morality! No respect!

http://www.freeformation.co.uk/

Good events put on by Sharkey and Kev Energy
    Doves, Playboys, Biscuits, Barrels, Callies, Clear Caps, China Whites, Rhubarbs, Loony Toons, New Yorkers... you know, bang on, larging it, the full monty, safe as houses, pair of trousers, what a laugh, let's do another half!

Skive is offline No discipline! No morality! No respect!
    You best source of everything rave is http://www.ush.net/ravin/events/index.php
    Doves, Playboys, Biscuits, Barrels, Callies, Clear Caps, China Whites, Rhubarbs, Loony Toons, New Yorkers... you know, bang on, larging it, the full monty, safe as houses, pair of trousers, what a laugh, let's do another half!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyetry View Post
    Back in the day time out used to have a good club listing section. Also i very much doubt that you would find a club playing that sort of music in soho
    Mainly, but some hidden ones about...
    Become a fan of TheSite.org on facebook

"I love standing on a crowded platform in a tube station and feeling like I'm insignificant in all of this. All these people and lives I have no idea about. Gives me a sense of better perspective."

clementine_the_tangerine

I haven't been to a rave/dance party in about a year, due to not knowing anyone who goes, but I'm off to this place in a few weeks. It's not really 'hard dance', but mostly psytrance/goa, world dance and a lovely chill out room. It's an aquired taste obviously, but I like it because it's so non-pretentious, safe and you don't get hassled by the bouncers if you wanna lie down.

As a student, I used to go to Access all Areas to find places to go.

I'm more in to the hippy type events though. I'd love to try other places, so will keep an eye on this thread.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Skive View Post

http://www.freeformation.co.uk/

Good events put on by Sharkey and Kev Energy
    That was a very good night!
    Yes I'm on the dance floor, fuck that cool shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Namaste View Post
    I haven't been to a rave/dance party in about a year, due to not knowing anyone who goes, but I'm off to this place in a few weeks. It's not really 'hard dance', but mostly psytrance/goa, world dance and a lovely chill out room. It's an aquired taste obviously, but I like it because it's so non-pretentious, safe and you don't get hassled by the bouncers if you wanna lie down.

As a student, I used to go to Access all Areas to find places to go.

I'm more in to the hippy type events though. I'd love to try other places, so will keep an eye on this thread.
    Oh my life i used to go to whiry-y-gig when we were about 16/17 I cant' believe its still going
    DrPirate is technically my little brother apparently - even though hes like a bazillion foot taller than me (OK 6 inches)