Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Washable/Reusable/"Real" nappies

Does anyone else use them?

Madam has jst outgrown her size 1's and I am after suggestions/recommendations for size 2's before I purchase.

For her size 1's we used a mixture of terry towelling squares, Mio Bambinos, Motherease wraps and Eccobot bamboo nappies and fleece wraps.
    Can you hold me like you held someone you shouldn't have let go?
    Can you keep me deep inside like the regrets that burned a hole?
    Can you love me like you loved someone you loved so long ago?

i used them on all of my babies, for at least some time. Exclusively on my eldest, and for a little while on the other two (but couldnt keep up with the washing when i had 2 in nappies at the same time)

My favourite were always tots bots. Nippa version. Motherease wraps

do you have a tumble dryer?

Just sent the wife this way, she knows more about cloth than what I consider healthy
    ‎"Anyone can achieve their fullest potential, But who we are might be predetermined, the path we follow is always of our own choosing, we should never allow our fears, or the expectations of others to set the frontiers of our destiny. Your destiny cannot be changed but it can be challenged. Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one."

--Timothy McGee
    (NCIS)

if you have a tumble dryer, then you have more options.
    If you dont, then i would use a microfible nappy, such as totsbots fluffles. They dry super quickly and are gorgeous and fluffy. A bit more bulky though, but i never minded that

oh, it seems fluffles have been discontinued for some reason

right. Is she a heavy wetter? Does she do runny poos? have you got a tumble dryer? Theyre the main questions

I use eBay cheapies with Little Lamb bamboo inserts and I swear by them.
    The nappies are £40 for 10 and come with a microfibre insert. The LL boosters are £12 for 10.

Here's the link for the nappies - Here

They are from china but they come pretty quick. You can get them here from the UK for a little bit more. http://www.tinynippers.co.uk/

i could never get on with AIOs, I found they didnt contain well at the legs with only one layer of defence against runny shit, and take longer to dry. Some people do swear by them though, and men tend to like them cos ive never met a man who could cope with two piece nappies

That is a very good price though

My mind is completely boggling.

I don't think I knew that anyone really used non disposable nappies. For some weird reason I'm now really interested.

(and off to try and work out how on earth a two piece nappy works).
    Growls

I used disposables, seemed much more convenient as I hate doing laundry as it is. Then, some people go in for that ironing malarky too- there's nowt queerer than folk.
    I know why the caged bird sings, Only joy comes from song
    She's so rare and beautiful to others, Why not just set her free
    So she can fly, fly, fly
    Spreadin' her wings and her song
    Let her fly, fly fly
    For the whole world to see

Ironing nappies?!

Surely you'd only iron ones you thought really needed the heat blast to kill off germs?
    Growls

a two piece nappy is just the modern day equivalent of the old terry squares and plastic pants.

Instead of terry squares (which still have their place) There are fitted shaped cloth nappies which are elasticated at the legs and waist and do up with either velcro, poppers, or a little device called a nippa.
    You put a liner inside the nappy to keep baby dry and to collect the shit, which you can then just flush away.
    You then put a wrap over the top. These are waterproof but breathable and are usually in funky colours and patterns. They do up with velcro or poppers too.

When dirty you just put them in a bucket. dry.
    With modern washing machines you dont need to soak the nappies. A wash at 60 and theyre clean and hygenic.

Theyre much much less of a faff than you might think.
    Im totally into lazy parenting and even i didnt find it hard, although i did use disposables if i was going out for more than a few hours

Cunning.

There's a whole exciting world I never knew about out there. This is making babies seem far more interesting.
    Growls

Suzy - the title of the auction is actually confusing. They are pocket nappies so although there is still only one layer to catch poo I have never had a poosplosion with them and they dry super fast. The only bits that don't are the bamboo boosters, which i stick in the dryer.