Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rough aunties

rough aunties

has anybody seen this documentary? my friend was telling me about it, she said even though its very upsetting its really worth a watch so i just watched it on channel 4 OD. I think i cried all the way through it and it made me feel pretty helpless but also really in awe of what those women do. inspiring.

heres the link just in case anybody wants to watch it. warning though its about women working with children in south africa who have been sexually abused so its not the nicest of things.

does anybody else have any recommendations of good documentaries they've watched? online would be a bonus as im working my way through the 4OD ones.
    they are loaded with prejudices, not based upon anything in reality,but based on... if something is new, they reject it immediately because itís frightening to them. what they do instead is just stay with the familiar.

blah blah blah Guest
    one born every minute

although, i'll warn you, if you emotional like me, it will make you cry everytime!

i already watch that and yes, i cry every time a baby comes out. id be the worst ever midwife.
    they are loaded with prejudices, not based upon anything in reality,but based on... if something is new, they reject it immediately because itís frightening to them. what they do instead is just stay with the familiar.

blah blah blah Guest
    haha, same!

i get really emotional! i think when i give birth to my own i'll be balling my eyes out like a mard arse, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by blah blah blah View Post

i get really emotional! i think when i give birth to my own i'll be balling my eyes out like a mard arse, lol!
    with pain