Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help with idea's for a Father Tattoo

Hi, really cant find any tattoo's good enough about my Dad so wondering if anyone has any father - daughter quotes or idea's I could considor =) Thankyou x

Personally i wouldnt want my Daughter getting a tattoe about me on her (do you know what your dad would think about it)?

I have the Chinese symbol for father on my arm, although that's more related to the other part of the tattoo about my kids...
    Did you ever go to a place - I think it was called Norway?
    That was one of mine. Won an award, you know. Lovely crinkly edges...

it all depends on what type of tattoo you want, just text, image and a bit of text or just an image?

I'm assuming that you've put you want a quote that theres defintly text ,
    As a tattoo is permant we can only give you advice but the final decision is down to you

Also talk it through with a tattoo artist to get a costing and size that you want
    I'M BACKKKK!

Hi, yeah I already have a tattoo I was thinking of getting 'My Dad, My Heart, My Sole, My Life' in writing down my waist. Not too bothered on the price, no picture just text thanks for your advice =) x

that sounds sweet im thinking about getting my dad's initials in his handwriting somewhere inconspicuous and really small.

but if you get that tattoo remember it's soul and not sole.

wouldnt want a slip up
    You can either believe your society should strive to be better than it's problems or as bad as them. - JimV

It's like I'm Marvel and you're DC - Edna Krabappel

a new site that i am blogging on these days... http://www.acapella-bella.net/

Quote Originally Posted by clementine_the_tangerine View Post
    that sounds sweet im thinking about getting my dad's initials in his handwriting somewhere inconspicuous and really small.

but if you get that tattoo remember it's soul and not sole.

wouldnt want a slip up
    haha "my father, my sole I can tread upon."

Smile ideas

I think symbols are nicer. Something that represents a lot of things, such as love, wisdom, protection.

It could be a chinese letter or something similar, with a few lines but very elegant.
    Tomorrow our seeds will grow. All we need is dedication.

symbols are alright to a certain extent as you know the meaning behind it but seen as the OP has already said no picture I'm pretty sure this also means a no for symbols. I also have noticed that chinese letters are becoming increasingly common so thats another downside against them imo though done in the right way they can look good, no offence to anyone that has one just really consider it before you get one and make sure the translation is right

OP let us know how it goes
    I'M BACKKKK!

Yeah I agree symbols look very nice I just cant be sure they will give me the right meaning and I would like it to be obvious its about my Dad. I will be getting one around Christmas I will keep you updated thankyou everyone x

A butterfly on your lower back with his name in it could be so cute

Nice thread - moving it to style & appearance though, as that's where threads about tattoos usually sit.
    Become a fan of TheSite.org on facebook

"I love standing on a crowded platform in a tube station and feeling like I'm insignificant in all of this. All these people and lives I have no idea about. Gives me a sense of better perspective."

clementine_the_tangerine

Quote Originally Posted by **helen** View Post
    Nice thread - moving it to style & appearance though, as that's where threads about tattoos usually sit.
    Oh ok sorry new to this thanks

Sarah4, can I ask, is it a memorial tattoo? I have a scroll on my leg with a quill, (he liked writing) as though ink is still dripping from it, it says, "in loving memory... Dad. 1943-1995"
    I really like it, it was something I thought was fairly original, rather than R.I.P etc..
    I also have a memorial one of a tank for my Grandad as he made tanks after the Korean war and was in them during the war.. It has his army number on the front in the same font as the army would have a serial number on a real tank..
    My point is that you might want to do something specific to your Dad, something personal..
    Let us all know what you end up getting..

Is you dad dead? Otherwise I would suggest waiting a bit. Without wanting to sound condescending, it appears to me, you are in an age where you would get such a tattoo because your dad gave you a pocket money raise, but next time he won't let you go out with this slutty dress, he is the most vile and repulsive of creatures to you.

Maybe you should wait with this, especially because you wanted "my dad, my sole" tattooed on you, until you find a good idea that's really fitting for your father in particular, not some generic stuff and until you have a really lasting bond with your father, that is not just because he treats you like a little spoilt princess.