Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    So, why mention that it was part of a very restricted diet where you only had that one thing in place of the two meals and at least one snack that normal healthy recommendations are?

If you ate the donut, fine, who does it help to know what part of your disordered eating pattern it fits in to?

blah blah blah Guest
    jeeze. forget it. wont post in here anymore. i made a joke about getting up late. there was no bloody motive behind me posting what i did. for everyone's info-fucking-mation (because its really pissing me off people saying it), i don't have any problems with my eating. i once did. i don't anymore. just leave it now. i won't post in here anymore. i apologise if i've upset anyone.

now back to the thread...
    Last edited by blah blah blah; 09-03-2010 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blah blah blah View Post
    jeeze. forget it. wont post in here anymore.
    given that the last thread was shut because of you, and you're turning this one into a look at how little I ate as well, that's probably for the best.

i can see why people might think that but i dont think it's fair to jump down her throat when she quite clearly gave the reason for eating only a doughnut (getting up late). im sure other people in this thread have said something similar.
    You can either believe your society should strive to be better than it's problems or as bad as them. - JimV

It's like I'm Marvel and you're DC - Edna Krabappel

a new site that i am blogging on these days... http://www.acapella-bella.net/

no, both times some one has said a tiny snack was a meal it was blah blah blah.

okay point taken i can see what you mean now. but it'd be a shame if this thread got too hung up on examining every one of blah's replies waiting fora slip up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo7 View Post
    Have you had hot cross loaf?! It's amazing, I discovered it recently and it comes in slices like bread, perfect for toasting
    sorry jo just saw this! no havent but im gonna look out for it on my next excursion to tesco/sainsbury!
    You can either believe your society should strive to be better than it's problems or as bad as them. - JimV

Quote Originally Posted by clementine_the_tangerine View Post
    it'd be a shame if this thread got too hung up on examining every one of blah's replies waiting fora slip up.
    That's not what people are doing though. Nobody has commented on it before but it is a very difficult thing to see when you already feel guilty about what you're eating - whether it be not very much or more than you really should be. I don't even have an eating problem but it sure piles the guilt on me when she says that one donut is her entire meal because I can eat six of those things in one sitting. It's why I am 14 and a half stone and not the weight I should be. It's also not nice to read when I'm sitting here with a tub of ben&jerry's but that's beside the point ;o.

The point people are making is that this thread was put here so that this sort of thing wouldn't happen. Saying that the donut was the best thing she ate today is fine, but saying that it was substitute for two meals (and god, I'm not even saying people have to be eating three meals a day because that's hypocritical as hell) when the last thread was shut down because it turned into 'oh look how little I'm eating today' AGAIN, that's a bit daft.

Also, hot cross loaf is amazing. You should most definitely try it. Om nom nom.
    ...there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.

'Franki is a wise one. Even if she hides it well sometimes' ~ Scary Monster
    'that's because you're perfect Franki' ~ Broken-Angel
    'I salute you Franki' ~ **helen**
    'I agree with everything that Franki has said' ~ Melian
    'You're a genius' ~ piccolo
    'Franki's right as usual' ~ James

i know why this thread was started- i was one of the people who commented on how damaging the last one must be. yes i agree with big_gay that it was the fact blah mentioned that the doughnut was a substitute for a meal rather than her favourite thing to eat that day. i'm just pointing out that i wouldnt want blah to feel like she was ousted from the thread because of perceived damaging behaviours.

Hiya everyone,

Let's have a little compassion but also bear in mind that this isn't a thread about healthy eating. Blah, it isn't fair if people jump down your throat, but equally you are posting in a way that does create some issues.

Let's focus on what everyone has enjoyed and especially what you've already eaten - not justifying particular eating habits and certainly not as an opportunity to post about calorie counts or how unhealthy something is.

I'll leave the comments in here for now as a think it's useful for people to understand what is and isn't going to be okay but I hope everyone can move past any disagreements.

Oh and do remember people can report problems and we can discuss the issues with a user without derailing the thread.
    Last edited by Jim V; 09-03-2010 at 07:26 PM.
    Cellar Door

You thought it was gold, but it was bronze

'I ain't gonna study war... no more'

Just had sausage casserole with mashed potato
    I'm clever, I just don't have the qualifications to prove it!
    I can, I will, I must succeed!
    Indrid_Cold -
    "I guess it's fairly simple to pull women in a club. You stand at the door of a club (on the inside), wait until a woman is passing by outside, grab her arm or sleeve or whatever and just pull.

Whether that would turn out well in the end, of course, is another matter."
    Livejournal
    Facebook
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Jim V View Post
    not as an opportunity to post about...how decadent something is.
    Unless, of course, it's the GOOD kind of decadent! Like the fairy cake I had this morning, which was every shade of delicious, despite probably being 90% animal fat

Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    Unless, of course, it's the GOOD kind of decadent! Like the fairy cake I had this morning, which was every shade of delicious, despite probably being 90% animal fat
    good point, gone for unhealthy rather than decadent in the edit
    Cellar Door

You thought it was gold, but it was bronze

'I ain't gonna study war... no more'

Quote Originally Posted by Jim V View Post
    good point, gone for unhealthy rather than decadent in the edit
    Good call! My fairy cake was probably unhealthy as well, but OH WELL

Normally i would say 'everything in moderation', but my new favourite excuse is that I'm building up necessary fat supplies so I can properly breastfeed. Read that in my baby book and liked it

Pain au chocolat for breakfast
    It was yummy scrummy

The best thing I have had today ... a slice of my mum's victoria sponge cake. OH MY GOD. Nobody makes cakes like my mum. I make my cakes using the same ingredients, the same pan, same oven, same kitchenaid (really going to miss this kitchenaid tbh) and while I make very good cakes, they are nothing on hers. I wish that I could send you all a piece of this cake.

I think I need another slice ...