Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Got a new haircut today......

Went to a new hairdresser's which opened a few weeks ago this morning.
    I told the hairdresser that I wanted something different but I didn't know what. And I got this haircut. When finished she asked me if I use hairgel, I replied no. She asked me if I wanted to try some and I agreed.

What do you think?

I think now I'm going to wear hair gel as I think it looks good.
    While searching for some on the internet, I found this website for hairstyles, could be a useful site for me.
    Last edited by FishyFrags; 15-11-2009 at 10:08 AM.

It depends what your hair style was like before hand......its could do with abit of volume, maybe more layers at the front so you can ruffle it up abit when you get time on your own just experiment with different styles, what you like best, what you dont
    omnia vincit amor

"love is what is left when being in love is burned away. When your roots are so entwined that it is inconceivable that you could ever part"

Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Loved Up Blonde View Post
    It depends what your hair style was like before hand......its could do with abit of volume, maybe more layers at the front so you can ruffle it up abit when you get time on your own just experiment with different styles, what you like best, what you dont
    definately needs messing up a bit, get a good quality hair product, dont use cheap gels (or any gel for that matter, gel sucks, its all about clay or wax). it looks a bit too lady gaga at the moment, needs a bit more life to it!

The woman used the word "texture" on my hair.

Does anyone think I could go shorter, maybe have a crew-cut, if so, do you think it would suit me?

Icey
    So what clays or wax would you recommend?

I have never used any clay, wax or gel on my hair before, but thought about using it when she tried the gel on me.
    Last edited by FishyFrags; 14-11-2009 at 09:59 PM.

Yeah wax is better doesn't make your hair fluffy after half a day. Maybe some VO5 or shockwaves wax.

I think you could go shorter, maybe your fringe an then it will be easier to style?
    why are you peppering the steak? You don't know if Tigers like pepper."
    "Tigers love pepper... They hate cinnamon."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ferrari09 View Post
    Icey
    So what clays or wax would you recommend?

I have never used any clay, wax or gel on my hair before, but thought about using it when she tried the gel on me.
    Gel tends to cause a wet look effect that more often than not just makes hair look greasy rather than stylish. V05 matt clay is pretty good - probably a good bet for your hair. Dax wax (red tin) is alright, makes your hair go a bit clumpy sometimes though and its easy to put too much in, only needs a very tiny amount.
    And i'd suggest giving the front some lift, dont have it just flat to your face it makes it look quite limp

Quote Originally Posted by notanotherusername! View Post
    Yeah wax is better doesn't make your hair fluffy after half a day. Maybe some VO5 or shockwaves wax.

I think you could go shorter, maybe your fringe an then it will be easier to style?
    I knew I should have said that my fringe could be more shorter. Oh well, I will tell them next time.

What about shockwaves control moulding wax?

Quote Originally Posted by icey View Post
    Gel tends to cause a wet look effect that more often than not just makes hair look greasy rather than stylish. V05 matt clay is pretty good - probably a good bet for your hair. Dax wax (red tin) is alright, makes your hair go a bit clumpy sometimes though and its easy to put too much in, only needs a very tiny amount.
    And i'd suggest giving the front some lift, dont have it just flat to your face it makes it look quite limp
    I'll try this wax and I'll let you know that results.

I've never had that shockwaves one but it looks good. The Vo5 is good though I mean I'm a girl and have very long hair and I use it to give my hair more volume and it's works really well.
    why are you peppering the steak? You don't know if Tigers like pepper."
    "Tigers love pepper... They hate cinnamon."

I've noted down VO5 Styling Wax and VO5 Extreme Style Matt Clay, I'll have to decide between them both.

I don't like wax as I found your hair needs to be completely dry to use it. Garnier Fructis gel is good for a defined style, and it doesn't look too 'wet' on hair.
    It's the fruit that makes it fruity, it's the juice that makes it juicy, it's the funk that makes it funky, it's the junk that makes the junkie

Try it out and post pics
    RAWR

Quote Originally Posted by skakitty View Post
    Try it out and post pics
    Yep will do.

I might be going waaaayyyy overboard, but would it suit me if I dye my hair? I don't know what colour though and I would rather dye it at home instead of spending £££'s at a hairdresser.

Hey i tell you what you can do- i use this tool a lot to decide on hair cuts and colour-
    http://www.ivillage.co.uk/beauty/makeover/frontpage

You upload a photo of yourself, and then you can try diff colours and styles.
    RAWR