Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Apporox how much would a tattoo like this cost in the UK?

I know it would vary from place to place, but a rough estimate please?

your dignity

I can imagine it costing £100+ maybe closer to £200/300
    I'm clever, I just don't have the qualifications to prove it!
    I can, I will, I must succeed!
    Indrid_Cold -
    "I guess it's fairly simple to pull women in a club. You stand at the door of a club (on the inside), wait until a woman is passing by outside, grab her arm or sleeve or whatever and just pull.

Whether that would turn out well in the end, of course, is another matter."
    Livejournal
    Facebook
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by minimi38 View Post
    your dignity
    You are entitled to your opinion even if its wrong

Quote Originally Posted by lea_uk View Post
    I can imagine it costing £100+ maybe closer to £200/300
    Are you basing that on experience or are you just having a guess?
    I was thinking around about the £300 mark too, probably much more in some places depending on the calibur of the artist...

Quote Originally Posted by minimi38 View Post
    your dignity

Sorry it's a guess.
    I'm clever, I just don't have the qualifications to prove it!
    I can, I will, I must succeed!
    Indrid_Cold -
    "I guess it's fairly simple to pull women in a club. You stand at the door of a club (on the inside), wait until a woman is passing by outside, grab her arm or sleeve or whatever and just pull.

Whether that would turn out well in the end, of course, is another matter."
    Livejournal
    Facebook
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by lea_uk View Post
    Sorry it's a guess.
    Still helpful nonetheless
    Which is more than can be said for some posts in this thread.

G Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu-Jitsu View Post
    Still helpful nonetheless
    Which is more than can be said for some posts in this thread.
    You have to respect the fact that some people find tattoos horrible

Quote Originally Posted by MrG View Post
    You have to respect the fact that some people find tattoos horrible
    Yes, I do understand and respect that fact but I really don't care if some people don't like Tattoo's.
    I DO like Tattoo's and thats all that matters to me.
    I don't care what other people think about them.

I didn't start this thread for it to be a debate on the aesthetic appeal of Tattoo's, I started this thread to find out the approximate cost of a particular style of Tattoo.
    If people want to stir up a debate on the subject Id appreciate it if they did it in another thread rather than trying to bait me into some kind of childish argument.
    I don't know, maybe thats just how it works around here
    Cheers.

Best bet is find a reputable place and get a quote. Cost can vary greatly at each place for each piece of work. Not only will the design create a great deifference in cost but so will the locataion (I'm sure some places are more expensive than others) the studio and the artist in the studio. You could be at the same place with one person charging a certian amount and another charging twice that. I'm from the US but I've found that the rule of thumb is x amount for the first hour/half hour and x amount for each half hour after. It will most likely take several sessions.

Just remember... as my downs syndrome simba is a reminder... cheap art is not good Always ask to see many many pictures of finished pieces.
    Last edited by my name; 22-07-2009 at 10:05 PM.
    Of all the mistakes you've made, the best are yet to come.

G Guest
    Whoa I was just mentioning why someone might have said some of the things they did. I infact want to get a tattoo myself, I just cant decide what to get.

Where is the rule that everything has to stick to a particular strict topic, Its how things evolve and develope, infact im pretty sure you got your answers before the thread descended into what you may view as anarchy.

Hey its a public forum and shit happens, but no need to blow your lid about it

From what I read in the thread, I wouldnt say you were being baited to get into any argument, people voiced their opinions and you reacted, without what seems to be any intent to get a reaction, just as aforementioned it was "voicing of opinions"
    Last edited by G; 22-07-2009 at 10:05 PM.

Thunderstruck Guest
    Just to fuel the fire, I think tattoos are ugly and common. Do you really see yourself with a bit of ink on your body when you're 60 years old? No, thought not. So cliched, so tired, so chavvy.

Quote Originally Posted by MrG View Post
    Whoa I was just mentioning why someone might have said some of the things they did. I infact want to get a tattoo myself, I just cant decide what to get.

Where is the rule that everything has to stick to a particular strict topic, Its how things evolve and develope, infact im pretty sure you got your answers before the thread descended into what you may view as anarchy.

Hey its a public forum and shit happens, but no need to blow your lid about it

From what I read in the thread, I wouldnt say you were being baited to get into any argument, people voiced their opinions and you reacted, without what seems to be any intent to get a reaction, just as aforementioned it was "voicing of opinions"
    Not getting wound up mate.
    The first post was not an opinion but more of a "dig" at me for wanting to get a Tattoo, if you have a "dig" at someoneit is usually an attempt to draw them into some sort of debate.
    Debating the aesthetics of Tattoo's is pretty pointless and isn't something I wish to waste my time doing, I like them some people don't thats cool, end of.
    I'm new here and I think my expectations upon joining were a bit too high, other message boards that I frequent have a helpful community where people generally post constructive comments, obviously every corner of the web has its own "vibe" though.

Quote Originally Posted by Simba T Lion View Post
    Best bet is find a reputable place and get a quote. Cost can vary greatly at each place for each piece of work. Not only will the design create a great deifference in cost but so will the locataion (I'm sure some places are more expensive than others) the studio and the artist in the studio. You could be at the same place with one person charging a certian amount and another charging twice that. I'm from the US but I've found that the rule of thumb is x amount for the first hour/half hour and x amount for each half hour after. It will most likely take several sessions.

Just remember... as my downs syndrome simba is a reminder... cheap art is not good Always ask to see many many pictures of finished pieces.
    Hi mate, I'm thinking about travelling to London to get a peice done I know for a world class artist there, if its going to be a part of me for the rest of my life I'm going to make sure it looks great even if it costs much more, you get what you pay for- A cheap Tatt is like cheap Sushi, not a good idea LOL
    Thanks for the tips