Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

Closed Thread

Hybrid View

Self Harm Poems *could be triggering*

I self harm but only in reaction to the relationship I'm in, no other time, he thinks it's weird and it makes me worse.

I found this on a site, article and poem
    Poem : http://www.authspot.com/Poetry/The-D...-of-All.614127

Self harming.. what is in it for you? satisfaction?

I know I like to pick at a scar sometimes but not one I intentionaly
    put there..

Self harm is a cry in the dark for attention, how about do something
    creative to get attention rather than cut yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid-Life1 View Post

That's a massive and very unfair assumption to make - there could be any number of reasons why someone self harms and lots of people actually hide the evidence which certainly suggests getting attention isn't a factor.

angel66, welcome to TheSite.org I'm going to edit the heading of this thread as that poem could be really triggering or distressing for some people. Feel free to post in the health and wellbeing forum for support and advice about your specific situation.
    Become a fan of TheSite.org on facebook

"I love standing on a crowded platform in a tube station and feeling like I'm insignificant in all of this. All these people and lives I have no idea about. Gives me a sense of better perspective."

clementine_the_tangerine

Triggering Poem

Wasn't meant to be, sorry, that's the last thing I want to do, I have those problems myself, just think it expressed it well. People don't generally understand, delete the link if you think it would be triggering, I am trying to help and looking for help myself, not to make it worse.

Hey, I'm not saying it definitely will be triggering, just there's a chance and we just need to be wary that people do sometimes react to things in different ways. Anything that helps to express how you're feeling is probably of benefit to others to try and understand - so for that reason I think it's OK to stay.

"I love standing on a crowded platform in a tube station and feeling like I'm insignificant in all of this. All these people and lives I have no idea about. Gives me a sense of better perspective."

clementine_the_tangerine

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid-Life1 View Post
    Self harming.. what is in it for you? satisfaction?

I know I like to pick at a scar sometimes but not one I intentionaly
    put there..

Well that's supportive. Clearly you know everything there is to know about the subject and are happy to offend the many current and former harmers on this site.

Well done.
    ...there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.

'Franki is a wise one. Even if she hides it well sometimes' ~ Scary Monster
    'that's because you're perfect Franki' ~ Broken-Angel
    'I salute you Franki' ~ **helen**
    'I agree with everything that Franki has said' ~ Melian
    'You're a genius' ~ piccolo
    'Franki's right as usual' ~ James

Its not the first time Lucid Has made posts like this and upset users,,,,,,
    Voted Poster of the Year: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by JsT View Post
    Its not the first time Lucid Has made posts like this and upset users,,,,,,
    I'm afraid I can't explain myself, you see, because I'm not myself, you know.

http://fashionfauxpas.etsy.com

Time for some actual constructive criticism!

What about the use of punctuation in your poems? I feel that it would help in the way that they actually scan, making the lines stronger.

Also, I really liked the way you use words. I think you could benefit from exploring different styles of poetry, rather than an abab mode.

Good stuff!
    I'm afraid I can't explain myself, you see, because I'm not myself, you know.

http://fashionfauxpas.etsy.com

thats a lie! most people self-harm secretly, not telling anyone at all, so its hardly a cry for attention!!! your blind, people mostly self harm so they can feel a relief from all the stress or pain they are going through!

you have probably offended millions of people with that comment-including me!

Hey Jodie,
    Welcome to TheSite

It's always worth checking the dates on threads as this one was posted back in 2009 and so firstly the discussion is done and dusted and secondly I'm not sure the person you were offended by is even still around.

However, if you're interested in the topic or want to post about your feelings at all, then do go ahead and check out the health and wellbeing forum.

clementine_the_tangerine