Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Why are some women just so fucking full of shit?

I'm pretty pissed off right now so perhaps I'll come out with some stuff I wouldn't normally say.

Why can't some women just say what they fucking mean?

Been chatting to this woman online, she used to be one of my students when I ran a martial arts class about 12 years ago so although we hadn't spoken in years, we pretty much caught up pretty quickly and by fuck has she changed. She wasn't ugly back then but she's gorgeous now.

Anyway we've been chatting about this and that for a few months, nothing really in it until last week I asked her out.

She said she would but it wouldn't be a date because, and I quote, "I don't really want a relationship right now, I haven't really got the time as I'm so busy with work and my mind wouldn't be in it".

That's fair enough I told her and I'd respect that - I think she knows me well enough to be sure that I'm aware that no means no.

Anyway she hasn't been online much lately and hasn't been answering my texts (I don't text her that much but when I do she normally replies) which was odd but there you go.

Anyway I catch up with her on facebook tonight and she's 200 miles away in Nottingham. Staying with a guy she met on facebook and now they're an item!!

200 miles away in fucking Nottingham!! With a guy she's not even met???

OK ok, calm down.

It's her life, she can see who she wants and I'm not going to be arsey with her, she didn't promise me anything.

But why the front? Why all the "I haven't go the time for a relationship" bollocks? I'm guessing she just doesn't fancy me - hell I can take that, I'm mature enough, so why couldn't she just be fucking honest with me?

I don't think for one minute it was to "spare my feelings" as it's not like I was professing undying love for her.

Why do some women feel the need to come out with that sort of bollocks? Why can't you just be straight and honest?

FFS
    If ever you have to google Gary Oldman, FFS do not forget the 'r'.

I don't know about limiting it to women, but I really hate it when people are being dishonest for no good reason too.
    In fact, I'd have way more respect for someone who called me an idiot to my face than someone who wouldn't do it out of "politeness" (this was an example).
    "The exposure of truth sometimes results in tragedy... However! No matter how tragic the truth may be, it would be an even greater tragedy to avert one's eyes from it." ~Miles Edgeworth
    ---
    If you don't like where you are, move. You are not a tree.
    ---
    The truth of a proposition has nothing to do with its credibility, and vice versa.

Her loss is someone else game you'll find a girl who appricates you +who straight up with u x
    I love guys+gals +im brill friend to have

She obviously didn't feel it would do any good to admit the truth, that she isn't interested. That may be lame, but why take offence if it was never going to go anywhere anyway?
    It's the fruit that makes it fruity, it's the juice that makes it juicy, it's the funk that makes it funky, it's the junk that makes the junkie

I think it's more to do with the fact it feels like she couldn't even respect me enough to be straight with me.

I'd never be such a cock to suggest she owes me or anything but a few years after she left my training class she was confronted by some nugget behind a club who tried to attack her. He ended up with a broken wrist and dislocated shoulder after she proved she wasn't going to take any shit from him - and she later publicly thanked me and acknowledged it was me who showed her the techniques and gave her the confidence to fight back against the guy.

We kinda have an unspoken bond since then - we've never been what you'd call 'best mate' close but I'd have though we were at some kind of stage where there'd be no bullshit.

Guess I was wrong.

Anyway since this evening it's come out that she said exactly the same thing to another guy I know, difference is he's fucking livid.

she probably thought it would be unnecessarily mean to say she didnt fancy you, so she gave you the old "its not you, its me" shpiel.

no big deal

Quote Originally Posted by SuzyCreamcheese View Post
    she probably thought it would be unnecessarily mean to say she didnt fancy you, so she gave you the old "its not you, its me" shpiel.

no big deal
    I hate that bollocks so much! Doesn't make sense though, she said she wouldn't be able to put her mind in to a relationship yet she gets together with a guy 200 miles away? Did she not think I'd notice the industrial sized canister of irony being waved about there?!

no, she was lying about it, probably because she thought it would hurt you less that way, but it doesnt usually work like that, especially since she got rumbled.

Man I'd prefer to be hated than pitied

all cunts, expect mum.

kickbanignore is the only solution.

OK so how do I avoid this in future?

How do I put it in to words that I can't stand being pitied and will respect them more if they just come out with the truth?

What's the best way to word it so a woman will pay attention to it and not be intimidated or whatever?

Hmm...fair enough I don't know the ins and outs of what was said, but I don't know if I'd go as far as to say she's pitied you. It's quite possible she isn't looking for a serious relationship and that's why she's dating someone 200 miles away! If she's as busy as she says she is, this could just be a convenient form a escapism. It may well be serious, but who knows until you ask.?!

As for avoiding a similar situation in the future, I'd play it cooler. Don't ask for a date, or think of it in those terms unless she's made it clear that's what she's looking for. Some women don't like to commit to something romantic until they've had a chance to spend some time with a guy and suss out if there's anything there.

I'm not going to ask about her new relationship, it's really none of my business and to be honest what she does is up to her.

Thing is though, I was playing it cool. When we talked about going on a non-date I made it clear she wasn't going to get any attention off me.

OK I might have paid if we'd gone to the cinema but I'm kinda old-fashioned that way, I'd pay (or at least offer) if I was with a woman no matter who it was.

I can't see anything in my approach that made it look like I was after something other than hanging out with a cool woman. To be honest I think this is why I'm more pissed off, I feel let down by someone I thought was a mate and in my world you don't do shit like that to friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire View Post
    To be honest I think this is why I'm more pissed off, I feel let down by someone I thought was a mate and in my world you don't do shit like that to friends.
    Surely you wouldn't feel this bad about it if you didn't feel let down or rejected?
    It's the fruit that makes it fruity, it's the juice that makes it juicy, it's the funk that makes it funky, it's the junk that makes the junkie

One thing I always ask of and expect from my mates is honesty. Even if I've pissed them off and they wish I'd go to hell then fuck just tell me and I'll deal with it!

If she thought I was coming on to her then that's a different story. I wasn't coming on to her and we made it clear us meeting up was a non-date.

So why the need for all the bullshit?