Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    moonlift Guest

Whats a rebound relationship?

Can anybody tell me what one is?

When you get into a relationship soon after one has ended.
    I'm clever, I just don't have the qualifications to prove it!
    I can, I will, I must succeed!
    Indrid_Cold -
    "I guess it's fairly simple to pull women in a club. You stand at the door of a club (on the inside), wait until a woman is passing by outside, grab her arm or sleeve or whatever and just pull.

Whether that would turn out well in the end, of course, is another matter."
    Livejournal
    Facebook
    Twitter

When u finished with someone +just go on to the next person straightaway whether you want to or not that my idea neway
    I love guys+gals +im brill friend to have

moonlift Guest
    They go out with somebody else coz theyre scared of singledom?/

Basically, just stay away.
    Don't ever let somebody tell you can't do something. You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it.

moonlift Guest
    I wanna know what one is
    what are the signs of one?
    how can i tell if it is?
    Its my situation..my ex best mates all for going out with her hes always throwin signs smiling nudging etc.

Shes been upset or looekd it recently? does tat mean shes not over it? or maybe its too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by grahaminneed View Post
    I wanna know what one is
    how can i tell if it is?
    Its my situation..my ex best mates all for going out with her hes always throwin signs smiling nudging etc.

Shes been upset or looekd it recently? does tat mean shes not over it? or maybe its too soon?
    Think you hit it on the head. If she hasn't hooked up with you ex mate yet she's either not over you or its to soon for her to date again. Can't really saw which one though. And she can't be in a rebound relationship if she isn't with anyone else, right.

G Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by grahaminneed View Post
    I wanna know what one is
    how can i tell if it is?

I think you need to take a step back, as hard as it is, step back from your exes life. It sounds harsh (and it is) but your not going out with each other anymore.

moonlift Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MrG View Post
    I think you need to take a step back, as hard as it is, step back from your exes life. It sounds harsh (and it is) but your not going out with each other anymore.
    yeh i know ive 'stepped back' but i was wondering if it is or not becoz my ex best mate he jumped straight into my grave basically.

G Guest
    If he does/has, then yes its going to a hurt a little, but its out of your hands and her decision.

By asking if its a rebound relationship, its almost as if your hoping its not going to work out or something.

If she does want you back or something in the future, that again is going to be her decision too.

I fully agree with MrG, but it's probably good for you to understand what a rebound relationship is anyway.

It sounds like you're experiencing a lot of the common feelings related to break-ups - rejection being one of the most painful. You asked in another thread how you'll know when you're over her - one of the sure signs is that you're not concerned if you were to see her fooling around with another guy. You'll get there - really you will. *hugs*
    Become a fan of TheSite.org on facebook

"I love standing on a crowded platform in a tube station and feeling like I'm insignificant in all of this. All these people and lives I have no idea about. Gives me a sense of better perspective."

clementine_the_tangerine

Quote Originally Posted by **Helen** View Post
    I fully agree with MrG, but it's probably good for you to understand what a rebound relationship is anyway.

It sounds like you're experiencing a lot of the common feelings related to break-ups - rejection being one of the most painful. You asked in another thread how you'll know when you're over her - one of the sure signs is that you're not concerned if you were to see her fooling around with another guy. You'll get there - really you will. *hugs*
    I love guys+gals +im brill friend to have

G Guest
    Apart from the possibility of seeming a little blunt (as per usual), I dont know what has come over me. I seem to be dishing out some at least half sensible advice as of late!

moonlift Guest
    Yeah but what i figured today

my ex best mate and my ex are going out now and today i felt all angry my heart was racing and i was thinking to myself "what a fucking twat how could he do that to me?".Right and them 2 and my ex's best friend are all like best mates together..the female best friend has been off all week ill so when she gets back in my own..sick way im hoping she drives wedges in between them because its not very fair on me for him to jump in my grave as soon as me and her broke up. Is that normal? I also heard that him and a friend of mine who i hang with sometimes were talking about it a few days ago and apparently my ex best mate was talking bout asking her out. and said summit like "I'm scared when we eventually start to have sex" hes talking bout that before they even went out? does that mean he only wants that i dont think he does but why else would you say that..?

Ive spoken to my close friends n they reckon it will go wrong OR they will get wedges in between them

Thanks Helen for the e-hug
    Last edited by moonlift; 15-01-2009 at 04:22 PM.

G Guest
    Dont have any part in having wedges put between them. Otherwise she's going to hate you for ages and ages.

Its not fair or nice what your old best mate has done, but its not your relationship its his and your exes!

If you continue to be intrustive into this, its going to make you look like a lost puppy that doesnt want to give up on something that has moved on. As others have said, if she does want you back in the end, or if things dont work out with her and this new guy then fair enough, but dont get involved!
    Last edited by G; 15-01-2009 at 04:25 PM. Reason: more details