Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

Subscribe to newsletter

+ Reply to Thread

sore throat and white lumps at the back of my throat

ive had a swallen throat for a few days now but yesturday noticed that i had white lumps at the back of my throat as well, it doesnt irritate me or anything just cant swallow properly cz of the swallen throat

anyone else had anything like this before?

I used to get tonsilitus a lot, it started off as bacterial and then it became viral.

The viral kind didn't make me as ill but I knew about it. Sounds kinda similar to what your describing.

If it hasn't calmed down in a couple of days then its best to get to your gp.

Iím the sum total of my ancestors
    I carry their DNA
    We are representatives of a long line of people
    And we carried them around everywhere
    This long line of people
    That goes back to the beginning of time
    And when we meet, they meet other lines of people
    And we say bring together the lines of me

if it starts being painful, it may be quinsy

It sounds like tonsilitis I suggest you see your GP.
    I'm clever, I just don't have the qualifications to prove it!
    I can, I will, I must succeed!
    Indrid_Cold -
    "I guess it's fairly simple to pull women in a club. You stand at the door of a club (on the inside), wait until a woman is passing by outside, grab her arm or sleeve or whatever and just pull.

Whether that would turn out well in the end, of course, is another matter."
    Livejournal
    Facebook
    Twitter

Are the white bits like in this the pic on here? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsillitis
    I'm clever, I just don't have the qualifications to prove it!
    I can, I will, I must succeed!
    Indrid_Cold -
    "I guess it's fairly simple to pull women in a club. You stand at the door of a club (on the inside), wait until a woman is passing by outside, grab her arm or sleeve or whatever and just pull.

Whether that would turn out well in the end, of course, is another matter."
    Livejournal
    Facebook
    Twitter

I had this last year and went to see a nurse and she said it was tonsilitus, so gave me anti-biotics. Went back to see my gp a couple of days later and she told me to have a blood test which I did and found out I had glandular fever. If you've got flu like symptoms it could be glandular fever.

I'd go and see your gp to get it checked out.
    Smell so sweet, but taste so bitter, struck with paint and doused in glitter

I kept getting a sore throat for almost a year last year and in a medical I was required to have the doctor told me about the white lumps and asked if they caused me any pain. I said no and he told me that then they were no problem. The alternative was removing my tonsils and I wasn't keen nor did I have the time to be off.

They eventually went away (had them for about a year) and I'm certain they were the cause of how often I got sore throats. Now they're gone and I've been healthy since.

Before I had my tonsils removed I got frequent sore throats and those white spots are indicative also of oral thrush. As soon as you can get checked out at the doctors and don't be afraid to. Docs may come in all shapes and sizes but they've seen more throats than food has seen ours.

Poppi