Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skive View Post
    This is an accident and a case of dogs being dogs as far as I can see. I can't see what would be gained by reporting it, especially with the RSPCA being a bunch of cunts.
    But there's a difference between playing and being vicious. It had to have it's jaws prized off. If there hadn't been someone to pull it off i dunno what would have happened. She probably would have had alot more injuries. It's a bit more than playful dog behaviour. I'm not going to report it but it's still worrying.
    “In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.”
    ~Baba Dioum

Sofie Guest
    What Skive said.

Just because a dog attacks another dog does not automatically make it dangerous to people.
    Indeed. Both of my dogs used to fight with each other, but never did anything like that with adults.

Skive is offline No discipline! No morality! No respect!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballerina View Post
    That's what I thought. I've fussed it before though and it's been lovely. They said she's fine with dogs but just not bitches.
    Which in all likelyhood is the truth. There's no evidence at all that it would be a threat to people.

It's just the fact that it turned so nasty and punctured her twice that's worrying.
    All dogs have the capability to do that.

If the owner was being blatently irresponsible then it would be worth reporting but from what you say it wa accident on the owners part. It would be a shame to punish both the owner and the dog for that.

If the RSPCA get involved they can make peoples lives hell. Is it worth that?
    Doves, Playboys, Biscuits, Barrels, Callies, Clear Caps, China Whites, Rhubarbs, Loony Toons, New Yorkers... you know, bang on, larging it, the full monty, safe as houses, pair of trousers, what a laugh, let's do another half!

That's what I thought. I've fussed it before though and it's been lovely. They said she's fine with dogs but just not bitches. It's just the fact that it turned so nasty and punctured her twice that's worrying.
    so they were already aware their dog had a temper, yet it wasnt muzzled.

Tbh, id take your dog to the vets and forward the bill to the other dogs owners.

Dogs do fight sometimes and that cant be helped, but if a dog is prone to just attacking another dog and the owners are aware and dont muzzle it, then thats bad.

Skive is offline No discipline! No morality! No respect!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyCreamcheese View Post
    To be fair she said it ran out of the gate and so seems to be a lapse of concentration on the owners part. I wouldn't expect the dog to be muzzled in it's own garden.

It seems like an accident to me and being that accidents do happen I would leave it at the promise of vet bill payment.
    Doves, Playboys, Biscuits, Barrels, Callies, Clear Caps, China Whites, Rhubarbs, Loony Toons, New Yorkers... you know, bang on, larging it, the full monty, safe as houses, pair of trousers, what a laugh, let's do another half!

Quote Originally Posted by SuzyCreamcheese View Post

Tbh, id take your dog to the vets and forward the bill to the other dogs owners.

Dogs do fight sometimes and that cant be helped, but if a dog is prone to just attacking another dog and the owners are aware and dont muzzle it, then thats bad.
    Well they were aware she didn't like bitches because she was attacked by one but she'd never been this nasty before. We'll give them the bill and ask them to muzzle it. I've never seen it out for a walk though but its always on the garden. They only have a low gate though.
    “In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.”
    ~Baba Dioum

A similar thing happened to my old dog, though a man actually set his dog on mine on purpose
    The best thing to do is just monitor her and keep an eye on her tonight until you get to the vets tomorrow.
    But you can't really blame the dog, it's more the owners you have to be annyed with for not keeping a better eye on it.

It's not the dogs fault because it's been attacked by a bitch, which has made it agressive. They ought to get some serious training for it though. Might get that woman off it's me or the dog in
    ~Baba Dioum

Aye, my dog was nearly killed by an evil giant dog this time last year, and is still on painkillers cause it messed her up so bad. The police aren't interested in dog-on-dog attacks, I wouldn't bother.

In fairness to the owners of the other dog, though, they did pay all of my pups vet bills (v steep), and every time we've seen it since it has been muzzled.

I've just realised that the dog was an american pit bull aswell! I thought it was but it was white with faint black spots so i wasnt sure. Whats the deal with pit bulls because people say they're banned??
    Last edited by Ballerina; 30-08-2007 at 11:18 PM.
    ~Baba Dioum

Sofie Guest
    I think they are banned and are known (I think) to be dangerous.

Section 1 of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 prohibits four types of dog:

* the Pit Bull Terrier
    * the Japanese tosa
    * the Dogo Argentino
    * the Fila Brasileiro

My last dog got badly bitten while he was playing with another dog and it did incurr a vets bill as he had to have antibiotics and stitches. I wouldn't bother reporting it but if you get a vets bill I'd ask them to pay half personally. That should serve as a warning that they need to take a look at their dogs behaviour.

My dad's been ill recently, and my dog has turned very protective of him, which in its way is nice, however once whilst out walking my dog was protecting him against this other dog and that turned nasty. We paid the vets bills for the other dog and dad is avoiding seeing the dog whilst he's still ill.
    Sweet as Heaven, Hot as Hell, Born to Tease, Taught to Please

well we took her to the vets this morning, the vet shaved the bit on her neck to see if it needed stiching but it said it would be alright and it was already scabbed over quite abit. She's had some injections and has got antibiotics to take. Going to take the bill over tomorrow then my dad said he will go round and see them about the dogs behaviour.
    One of our old dogs used to get attacked by a dog and my dad ended up sending it flying with his foot because the guy wouldn't do anything. Plus he's concerned about little kids.
    ~Baba Dioum