Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Old Slogans...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LDN
    Posts
    615

    Old Slogans...

    Anyone remember when KFC's was: Finger Lickin Good....KFC

    Blockbuster used to be: Blockbuster Video...WOW! What a difference

    Dont sign on the dotted line until you talk to tempo

    Where in the world...PC WORLD!


    hmmmm, i miss jingles...why dont they do them anymore...nothing has a song anymore. Except McDonalds.
    Curiouser..and curiouser...

  2. #2
    1983 is offline i waltz in and
    shake things up
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,261

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Over the Forth
    Posts
    983
    WHAT - THE - HELL???????

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LDN
    Posts
    615
    yea thats what i was thinkin....i like it though...
    Curiouser..and curiouser...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    6,447
    do yourself a favour, be a liquor saver!

    just for the taste of it, diet coke.

    my little pony, skinny and bony....


    ahem.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    5,652
    TRIIIIIIO! TRII-II-II-II-OOOO!

    IF YOU LIIIIKE ALOT OF CHOCOLATE ON YOUR BISCUIT JOIN OUR CLUB!

    Ok, not slogans, but I'm hungry.
    Can't stand by myself
    Hate to sleep alone
    Surprises always help
    So I take somebody home
    To find out how I feel
    Feel like just a baby
    Portrait of a lady
    Poster of a girl


    [Ignore User name] BAM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LDN
    Posts
    615
    um-bungo um-bungo, we drink it in the jungle, the lion likes the bla bla bla

    ....sad that I used to know the entire song.
    Curiouser..and curiouser...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Shottingham
    Posts
    1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by foxysoxy View Post
    um-bungo um-bungo, we drink it in the jungle, the lion likes the bla bla bla

    ....sad that I used to know the entire song.
    I still do!
    Smile .... though your heart is aching. It fools people into thinking that everything is alright.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Just outside of sanity
    Posts
    17,332
    Ki-ora. Just for me and my dog.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    stoke
    Posts
    746
    theres millions says jeffrey all under one roof, its called toys r us toys r us TOYS R US!

    Not really a slogan but hey it was cool lol

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    20,836
    Quote Originally Posted by foxysoxy View Post
    um-bungo um-bungo, we drink it in the jungle, the lion likes the bla bla bla

    ....sad that I used to know the entire song.
    I think you'll find they drink it in the Congo .

    *sings*

    Um Bongo, Um Bongo, they drink it in the Congo, the hippo took an apricot, a guava, and a mango, he stuck it with the others and then danced a dainty tango, the rhino said "I know, we'll call it Um Bongo!".

    Erm....
    Last edited by frankipanda; 10-05-2007 at 06:32 PM.
    ...there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.

    'Franki is a wise one. Even if she hides it well sometimes' ~ Scary Monster
    'that's because you're perfect Franki' ~ Broken-Angel
    'I salute you Franki' ~ **helen**
    'I agree with everything that Franki has said' ~ Melian
    'You're a genius' ~ piccolo
    'Franki's right as usual' ~ James

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    10,084
    OH DEAR :P

    Erm...Vitalite to the tune of thingy
    You can either believe your society should strive to be better than it's problems or as bad as them. - JimV

    It's like I'm Marvel and you're DC - Edna Krabappel

    a new site that i am blogging on these days... http://www.acapella-bella.net/

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Shottingham
    Posts
    1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Franki View Post
    I think you'll find they drink it in the Congo .

    *sings*

    Um Bongo, Um Bongo, they drink it in the Congo, the hippo took an apricot, a guava, and a mango, he stuck it with the others and then danced a dainty tango, the rhino said "I know, we'll call it Um Bongo!".

    Erm....
    Nearly right.

    Way down deep in the middle of the Congo, the hippo took an apricot, a guava, and a mango, he stuck it with the others and then danced a dainty tango, the rhino said "I know, we'll call it Um Bongo!". Um Bongo, Um bongo, they drink it in the Congo, the python picked the passion fruit, the marmoset the mandarin, the parrot painted packets that the whole caboodle landed in. So when it comes to sun and fun and goodness in the jungle, they all prefer the sunny funny one they call Um Bongo.

    Oh dear ...
    Smile .... though your heart is aching. It fools people into thinking that everything is alright.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The ROCK
    Posts
    15,375
    When I get home tonight I'll post the MP3 of um bongo.
    ‎"Anyone can achieve their fullest potential, But who we are might be predetermined, the path we follow is always of our own choosing, we should never allow our fears, or the expectations of others to set the frontiers of our destiny. Your destiny cannot be changed but it can be challenged. Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one."

    --Timothy McGee
    (NCIS)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    20,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Loopi View Post
    Nearly right.

    Way down deep in the middle of the Congo, the hippo took an apricot, a guava, and a mango, he stuck it with the others and then danced a dainty tango, the rhino said "I know, we'll call it Um Bongo!". Um Bongo, Um bongo, they drink it in the Congo, the python picked the passion fruit, the marmoset the mandarin, the parrot painted packets that the whole caboodle landed in. So when it comes to sun and fun and goodness in the jungle, they all prefer the sunny funny one they call Um Bongo.

    Oh dear ...
    I was nearly right .
    ...there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.

    'Franki is a wise one. Even if she hides it well sometimes' ~ Scary Monster
    'that's because you're perfect Franki' ~ Broken-Angel
    'I salute you Franki' ~ **helen**
    'I agree with everything that Franki has said' ~ Melian
    'You're a genius' ~ piccolo
    'Franki's right as usual' ~ James

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Show site map

TheSite.org is delivered by YouthNet UK. Registered charity number: 1048995