Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Difference: BETWEEN SEEING AND GOING OUT WITH SUM1

when you seing someone would you say its okay to go and see other people and do stuff with them, meaning seeing someone isn't actually classified as going out with someone? because obviousy if your going out with someone that's a big commitment.

your views..

i think everyone will have a different opinion on this. i think the main thing to consider is how you feel about the person and what your actual relationship with them is like. sometimes you can be seeing someoen and it feels quite casual. you text/call each other every couple of days or you might only speak to each other to arrange when you'll next meet up. in that case i reckon its prefectly fine to be pulling or going on a date with someone else at the same time. but if things start to feel a bit more serious even though you are not "official" then you should stick to the one person. i mean if feelings are starting to develop then it could feel a little bit like cheating, especially if you know the other person would be hurt if they found out.

This bugs me.

I hate it when people say "I'm seeing someone" "but, I'm single"

Surely you either wanna be with someone or don't.

Kind of agree with the above though, Oh it confuses me
    rh

A.K.A Skellywhore.

IMO, bluntly (and drunkenly... Fuck knows why I read this when drunk as my spelling/grammar is atrocious):

Seeing - you can do what you want, with you you want, when you want.

Going - you're an item. usual "rules" apply.

While we're at it, what is the difference between seeing someone and dating someone?

Just curious
    "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge."
    "If you look deep enough you will see music; the heart of nature being everywhere music."

-Thomas Carlyle

Quote Originally Posted by bluewisdom
    While we're at it, what is the difference between seeing someone and dating someone?

Just curious

To me - no difference. Just different terminology.

Dating/seeing - free to do what you want, with you you want, when you want.

Quote Originally Posted by g_angel007
    To me - no difference. Just different terminology.

Dating/seeing - free to do what you want, with you you want, when you want.
    Ah, thanks, it's what I thought too
    "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge."
    "If you look deep enough you will see music; the heart of nature being everywhere music."

-Thomas Carlyle

Quote Originally Posted by bluewisdom
    Ah, thanks, it's what I thought too

Damned right.

Does anyone actually use the word dating? Oh well, here's my take on it. Seeing someone is just a bit of fun to pass the time. Going out with someone is when you have feelings for them, and see it as something more, and they feel the same way. And obviously, then there's the middleground between that which is why everyone always asks this question. I don't think you can start talking about other things, like whether it's okay to see other people, because this varies from couple to couple.

I dunno...

What's the difference between getting laid and making love?

I think when you're "going out" with somebody it means you're exclusive.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by -[MoonRat]-
    I dunno...

What's the difference between getting laid and making love?

I think when you're "going out" with somebody it means you're exclusive.
    Getting laid imo is with anybody that you don't really care about, it's just casual sex.

Making love is when your in a relationship with someone who you care about and the sex is more passionate and more showing each other what that person means to you.

And to the OP. For me it depends on how involved you are with that person.
    For me i was "seeing" my boyfriend for a couple of months before. Like he's the guy your interested in/potential boyfriend. I don't think at that time i would have gone and pulled someone else as i wanted him and only him. Being his GF was when we decided to make it official and that we definitely wanted to be together and make a go of it.

I'm totally going on here i know but it just depends on the two people i think, how serious it is getting and if it's going anywhere.

_guest Guest
    @ "making love"

"Seeing" someone is a bit more speculative than "going out" with them, I reckon.

I'd say you see someone first when you're just meeting up for drinks and whatnot, if you go onto become "boyfriend and girlfriend" then you're going out together. But it's all semantics anyway.

At school seeing somoene meant you were going out with them but could 'get off' with other people!! So if the fit boy passed you a note saying will you get off with me, then you could meet him at the bike sheds, turn up, snog him then go join your mates to tell them how good it was and not get in trouble!
    I only said Jehova!

www.hard.fm

For some poeple i think "seeing someone" means they like someone enough to be in a relationship with them but not enuff to not be able to get jiggy with other poeple.

For others i think its the stage of getting to know someone better before they jump into a relationship with someone they dont know all that well.

Lacy Guest
    Why don't you gatecrash a school assembly and ask them?