Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Closing pores with vodka

I've found that applying a small drop of vodka with cotton wool to my face after I've washed it keeps it less greasy and closes my pores. Anyone else tried this? How often is it ok to do this?
    ~* Vans Sporting, Corduroy Flared Indie Girl*~

I can think of much more fun things to do with vodka...

A couple places on the internet does say that, though no places I would necissairly trust and they don't say any more than what your post pretty much said.

But I'm with Katrella, theres so much better things to do

Why not just use an astrengent or toner? Some of them contain alcohol if thats what your aiming for http://www.cleanandclear.com/product...o?productid=28
    Of all the mistakes you've made, the best are yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by kangoo
    I've found that applying a small drop of vodka with cotton wool to my face after I've washed it keeps it less greasy and closes my pores. Anyone else tried this? How often is it ok to do this?
    I bet You discovered that when drunk.

Btw will You smell like szolled hobo??

Lots of the toner things have alcohol in them, so it's not an uncommon idea. Just see which is cheaper!
    Growls

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Monster
    Lots of the toner things have alcohol in them, so it's not an uncommon idea. Just see which is cheaper!
    Plus, alot also come with acne medications or other helpfull facial products in them.

i wouldn't say the sugars would do your face much good tbh even if the alcohol works.
    Good judgement comes from experience.
    Experience comes from bad judgement.

Products with alcohol in can dry your skin.
    I'm clever, I just don't have the qualifications to prove it!
    I can, I will, I must succeed!
    Indrid_Cold -
    "I guess it's fairly simple to pull women in a club. You stand at the door of a club (on the inside), wait until a woman is passing by outside, grab her arm or sleeve or whatever and just pull.

Whether that would turn out well in the end, of course, is another matter."
    Livejournal
    Facebook
    Twitter

My skin is incredibly greasy so drying it is good! I find it works better than anything I've bought (and most of them have been alcohol based, but I have sensitive skin and a few of them irritate my skin and make it greasier). Vodka seems to work and doesn't irritate my skin! But it doesn't have any useage instructions or warnings on how to use it on your face on the bottle so I'm not sure! Surprising that!

No I didn't discover it when I was drunk, although I discovered how soft beer makes your hair when working in a bar. Must be all that protein The wonders of alcohol
    ~* Vans Sporting, Corduroy Flared Indie Girl*~

Lacy Guest
    I would have thought Vodka could have burnt your skin, especially if it was sensitive?

Have you tried an astrengent for oily skin? Or one for sensitive skin? I'm sure if you look there'll be several for oily sensitive skin.

Quote Originally Posted by my_name
    Have you tried an astrengent for oily skin? Or one for sensitive skin? I'm sure if you look there'll be several for oily sensitive skin.

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_de...tionid=1017970 Products like this, that are hypoallergenic, but designed for oily skin, are going to do your skin a lot more favours than actual alcohol.
    Just your typical beauty therapy bimbo!

LiveJournal |Facebook

Alcohol as strong as vodka is likely to over-dry your skin, which can cause pimples which are very painful and unsightly. I have had very oily skin in the past and have found that clinque's products work very well and also a brand called nimue. I would strongly advise you not to use vodka to dry out your skin.

Exclamation

What's camel cum like for acne? Me desperate!
    Conformity before conscience Uniformity before faith!

To infinity and beyond!

"the reason i took drugs in the first place was because ...i was confused.
    it's all become clear since" -Rolly.

Just as it is true that a stream cannot rise above its source, so it is true that a national literature cannot rise above the moral level of the social conditions of the people from whom it derives its inspiration-James Connolly.

Quote Originally Posted by kangoo
    well, that's the reason there is alcohol in many face washes.

Vodka isn't suitable for it, I'd say. It's very strong and like you said removes the grease, but really dries your skin, which is just the other extreme, which is as bad. try to find a face desinfection with a little amount of alcohol, which has a better cleansing function as well.

1) Wash face
    2) use desinfect with alcohol on face.
    3) if it does not have a re-fatting thingy in it, or is very strong in alcohol (I do not advice them)
    then
    4) use some skin-fatting cream.
    Last edited by StrubbleS; 13-01-2007 at 10:49 AM.