Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

+ Reply to Thread

How Long Did Your Passport Take To Come Through?

My dad did the whole check and send thing and got it back in just 3 days .. was a bit of a shock.

Mine runs out in Feb, and I'm thinking I beet get a new one soon.

But it says can take up to 2 or 3 weeks.

My passport is the only ID I have with a photo and my age and these days you can't go anywhere (i.e. clubbing) without a diver's license or passport .. it's such a pain now I'm probably gonna apply for a photo license.

a couple of weeks
    Blessed are the cracked for they let in the light.

I sent off for mine in September... it was a Monday. I had it back on the Friday.
    'You can't cage my lyrics!'

6 weeks, but that was when they were having problems a fair few years back now.

Bear in mind you don't actually need a new one 'til your old one expires, but if you're planning on travelling I think they recommend sending it off at least 6 weeks before you need to travel.

Only thing I can think of is taking a photocopy before you send it off, if the expiry date is close then you may be able to charm a bouncer into accepting it as the explanation of I've sent it off for replacement is quite believeable.

Photocard licenses are a darn site easier to carry round as ID though, and less hassle to get replaced if it does get nicked/lost.
    Growls

nicolalou Guest
    they send back ur old one in a matter of days so you will have that as ID once again, but the new one takes a couple of weeks maybe longer depending on the time of year. if you wait til feb/march time ul face a longer wait because everyone is renewing in time for summer hols.

I did the quick (5 day) service because I was worried about it just before we went on honeymoon, and it came the next day.

I've had to get a new one twice in the past few years (the first one was stolen ) and both times they've come back within a week. That was just normal fill out the form and post it off, not getting it checked or anything.
    None of us can predict the final outcome of our actions, and few of us even try; most of us just do what we can to prolong a moment's pleasure or to stop the pain. And even when we act for the noblest of reasons, the last link of the chain all too often drips with someone's blood.'
    Stephen King - 'Lunch at the Gotham Cafe'