Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question i am going to starve myself of food till death

I have a problem and after I settle my affairs I am planning to starve myself of food in protest. If I die I die. If I am not genuine then my protest will be in vane. I am not psychotic because I have been assessed recently by two psychiatrists and have a report from them. I know what I will do and the reasons for it. Can you please tell me anything about the health issues around this course of action, how long will it take to die?

protest for what?
    and what are you going to achieve if you starve yourself to death?
    ďIn the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.Ē
    ~Baba Dioum

Quote Originally Posted by Ballerina
    protest for what?
    and what are you going to achieve if you starve yourself to death?
    Quite!!

Well I have problems and no one is listening to me or if they do listen they don’t care, they just care about themselves and everyone is against me. I have no one and nothing and there is nothing I can do. So I have decided not to eat because I am not worthy of food or anything material from this planet.

G Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stephtab
    Well I have problems and no one is listening to me or if they do listen they don’t care, they just care about themselves and everyone is against me. I have no one and nothing and there is nothing I can do. So I have decided not to eat because I am not worthy of food or anything material from this planet.
    then i think your psychiatric evaluation is wrong

Well I have problems and no one is listening to me or if they do listen they donít care, they just care about themselves and everyone is against me. I have no one and nothing and there is nothing I can do. So I have decided not to eat because I am not worthy of food or anything material from this planet.
    Feel free to offload your problems here....

but i am not mad because i want to protest

but i am not mad because i want to protest
    Why don't you tell us a bit more about it...

G Guest
    You are not mad to want to protest, but wanting to starve yourself to death is a little unusual if not crazed.

Have you explored other forms of protest?

What is the problem and why do you find it so severe as to want to take your own life?

by taking this course of action do you not think that you are just thinking about yourself, making you the same as the others that you are trying to distance yourself from, have you ever thought how it might affect your family and/or friends if you went ahead and did this?

*Snow White Queen* Guest
    Well I have problems and no one is listening to me or if they do listen they donít care, they just care about themselves and everyone is against me. I have no one and nothing and there is nothing I can do. So I have decided not to eat because I am not worthy of food or anything material from this planet.
    So you are starving yourself for attention then?!

many issues

I am in a deep vortex of problems, many issues I try to handle. My problems are my family. The ones who are part of the problems of course I canít turn to them. The ones that are not party to my problems Ė thatís just it Ė they donít want to help, or cant help, or donít know how or donít or cant get involved. Everyone is against me; I have no influence, no power to change my situation. In death there is peace. The way I see it we all die anyway, so the loved ones left behind will soon discover their own death in time and thus find their own peace. I donít think not eating is killing myself; it is just not wanting anything from this corrupt world. My heart is broken Ė the glass flower within my heart has been hurt. I am at like a flower at the bottom of a deep dark pit on a pile of warms. I cannot determine my circumstances. The moves of the worms determine my fate.

yes, i am i guess, it is the only way to either have the chance of being listened to by the people that aim to cause me harm.

i get death without killing myself and i might get listened to

i get death without killing myself and i might get listened to
    The only thing you will achieve if you die is cause pain to the ones that care for you, the same people you want to listen to you.

Have you told someone that's close to you or maybe someone you know who;s not so close to you what you wrote here?
    Have you told your therapist?

Sometimes one person can't handle too many problems, not all at once anyway...
    Have you tried looking at each problem individually and tried to solve them one by one? baby steps

There's always someone who will listen to you, even if they are a stranger.
    Sometimes it helps just to get rid of all your thoughts by talking to someone or writing them down and it might help you see the situation in a different way.

I don’t have a therapist. I never told the psychiatrists who assessed me recently of my plan. Because I am not mentally ill if they learnt of my plan they could not then say that I was ill or depressed. I am not depressed I just need attention because I have tried handling my problems by writing and as you write dealing with each problem step by step, but all my problems are connected you see and because I have got nowhere by writing, in fact the problems go worse, no matter how or what way I tried and try I see no progress. I have a list of issues and agencies that I am having to communicate with if and when they listen and or believe me, since they don’t right now thus they are against me. So the only way out for me is to refrain from food and drink. I don’t know how long I will have but at least I tried to solve my problems in the best ways. I guess luck and circumstances were not on my side.