Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse

Post of The Month (July)

Aidan is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Lucie,

You say you're still on medication and have had lots of therapy? Maybe it's a matter of revisiting old coping techniques and anything else like that, that therapy taught you?

And Drea is absolutely right! Even someone with everything material that they could ever want isn't insusceptible to mental illness. Any sex, race, age, class; it doesn't discriminate...
"
(Click for full post)
See more
See less

Introduce yourself

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduce yourself

Hello!

So who are you?

If you are new to The Mix discussion boards thenÖ welcome. Itís a nice place and people donít bite that much.

This forum is here especially so you can introduce yourself to other users of the boards. Tell us a little about yourself, why youíre here and what youíre interested in. We promise no one will judge you for what you write.

Happy posting.
    We're James, Aife & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
    If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
    ask over in the
    Help Desk or send us a private message.

i Don't really know what to say here. Um my names carly im 19 and i go to canterbury college. I study photography but i do alot of performing arts stuff too... I got accepted into ual wimbledon. So thats where i'll be soon

I have a lot of mental health difficulties that im trying to deal with.

Be nice to me...

I think ive put this in the wrong place. 😂 im learning how to use this...
    Last edited by Car3ly; 05-05-2016, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Hello. My names Tiffany and i'm 19 and am currently at university in Twickenham studying a sport coaching degree.

I've got a couple of difficulties in my life and find it very hard to deal with them and a lot of the time don't really know what to do.

Comment

Hello. My names holly and im 13. i suffer from self harm, depression and i have an eating disorder. I go counselling and all but nothing seems to help. I am a lesbian and jesus that was hard to say but no one knows except from my girlfriend and im scared to tell people. I already get bullied at school.

Comment

Hey all I'm vinny I'm 29 and got diagnosed with epilepsy at the age of 25 as you can imagine developing epilepsy at that age is a shock and now I've to to the point of depression and self harm I think I may do this as my family suffer pain from my condition and have to put up with the stress so as a way to feel the pain they do I self harm now.

Comment

I don't know if this is even a proper chat room if it's not anyone know how I can get onto the chat room. Cheers

Comment

Hi Vinny,

Welcome to the boards. It's really positive that you've been able to post here about what's been going on and your situation. Sounds like it's been a really stressful time but you've done a really good thing to look for some help for yourself.

Not sure if you have heard of this website which has advice and information about living with epilepsy which you can find here called epilepsy action

There is also a website called self harm UK which provides information and advice about self harm. You can ask a question to their expert panel or share your story. You can can their website here

Hope this helps

Comment

Welcome to all of you who have joined
                Wishing you a Magical Christmas

Comment

Hello I am Natasha and I am 22 years old. I studied BA (Hons) Film and Media at university and I am currently a Learning Support Administrator. I am happy to support and offer guidance to anyone who needs it.

Comment

Originally posted by Natasha Bolger View Post
                    Hello I am Natasha and I am 22 years old. I studied BA (Hons) Film and Media at university and I am currently a Learning Support Administrator. I am happy to support and offer guidance to anyone who needs it.
                    Hi Natasha Welcome to TheMix boards
                    Wishing you a Magical Christmas

Comment

Hi Natasha and welcome to the boards!

Comment

Hi I'm Roshan

Comment

Hi can I talk to Steph?

Comment

Hi Im Bee, not my actual name, just named after my bright yellow car with a bee sticker on it. Theres not much too say about me rather than I'd like to help with others and make a good impression

Comment

Hi I'm mgkmdn. I don't do any kind of social media, so I'm kind of flying blind here. I'm here because I'm in a job I hate, but pay's decent. I've been doing the same thing for 20 years now. I think I'm burned out. My husband wants me to quit, he's worried I'm going to have a stroke because of stress. I'm afraid to quit because we can't live on his check alone. He's offered to work extra so I can quit, but I can't/won't let him do that. He already works 10 hour days and he's wonderful to me...I don't think it's fair he works more. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanx!

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X