Why always so many guests online?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why always so many guests online?

Silly question but like where it says who's online it's like 20 members and like 748 guests (random number). Why so many 😂😂
    "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

I don't usually say like that often

Comment

i always think that too and also i say like the same amount lol
      love, me

Comment

They're like non members viewing topics. Presumably brought here from like search engines and stuff
        Doves, Playboys, Biscuits, Barrels, Callies, Clear Caps, China Whites, Rhubarbs, Loony Toons, New Yorkers... you know, bang on, larging it, the full monty, safe as houses, pair of trousers, what a laugh, let's do another half!

Comment

Originally posted by ellaleftwonderland View Post
          i always think that too and also i say like the same amount lol
          ha😂

Comment

Originally posted by Skive View Post
            They're like non members viewing topics. Presumably brought here from like search engines and stuff
            ah that's interesting. Thanks.

Comment

It's the same on another forum i use, they're probably people who searched something up and came across a certain thread, you'll be surprised how many people search websites without signing up x
              ~To be where one wishes to be, one must first truly believe that One's self will get there~

-L A N E

Comment

Hey guys

Just to add to what's already been said (thanks Skive!), lots of those guests will be people reading threads they've found from Google.
                Believe it or not, the most viewed thread ever is Cantonese style sweet and sour? - around 28,000 people have read that thread in the last couple of years! (and almost all of them on Saturday evenings!)

Some of those guests will also be bots - software used by search engines like Google to index websites.

- James
                We're James, Aife & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
                If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
                ask over in the
                Help Desk or send us a private message.

Comment

The Mix Do you have any stats as to when the most members online was as opposed to total users?
                  Doves, Playboys, Biscuits, Barrels, Callies, Clear Caps, China Whites, Rhubarbs, Loony Toons, New Yorkers... you know, bang on, larging it, the full monty, safe as houses, pair of trousers, what a laugh, let's do another half!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mix View Post
                    Hey guys

Just to add to what's already been said (thanks Skive!), lots of those guests will be people reading threads they've found from Google.
                    Believe it or not, the most viewed thread ever is http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forum/thesite-topics/health-wellbeing/food-drink/114245-cantonese-style-sweet-and-sour"]Cantonese style sweet and sour?[/URL] - around 28,000 people have read that thread in the last couple of years! (and almost all of them on Saturday evenings!)

Some of those guests will also be bots - software used by search engines like Google to index websites.

- James
                    Thank you for this James! Ha that thread now has another view!

Comment

The Mix Do you have any stats as to when the most members online was as opposed to total users?
                      I would love to know this too!!

Comment

Great question.
                        It's a little tricky to extract reliable stats from the boards software. For example, it's telling us that the most users ever online on one day was the 31st of Jan 2017, with 590 registered users online. To be honest, that doesn't seem right, particularly when compared to the average day this year. Apart from that blip, the stats tell us that the most users online at once was back in March 2005: 377 people online (but the stats don't go back further than that).

James
                        We're James, Aife & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
                        If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
                        ask over in the
                        Help Desk or send us a private message.

Comment

Great question.
                          It's a little tricky to extract reliable stats from the boards software. For example, it's telling us that the most users ever online on one day was the 31st of Jan 2017, with 590 registered users online. To be honest, that doesn't seem right, particularly when compared to the average day this year. Apart from that blip, the stats tell us that the most users online at once was back in March 2005: 377 people online (but the stats don't go back further than that).

James
                          That's cool! Wow, 377 registered users online on here when I was only a few years old (wow) now I feel like the youngest person on here!

Comment

the stats tell us that the most users online at once was back in March 2005: 377 people online (but the stats don't go back further than that).

James
                            Cool. That did seem to be the busiest period around here. Is that users or members?

Comment

Originally posted by independent_ View Post

That's cool! Wow, 377 registered users online on here when I was only a few years old (wow) now I feel like the youngest person on here!

This place used to look very different

http://web.archive.org/web/200012060...i?action=intro

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X