No announcement yet.

Moving Overseas to Work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, if you choose Vietnam, let me know because I get money for recommending people for jobs too. And I work for the best school (for a new teacher, at least).

Comment

Cool man. I'll be sure to hit you up if I end up heading Vietnam's way!
      I was sitting down with a few doing what we do
      connected and focused we were practicing tongue-foo.

Comment

So this is a while later and I still wanna do this. If I enjoy it, I'm going to do a PGCE or something similar in the UK.

I'm currently in a very secure (but stressful and uninspiring) job... I reckon I can save £4-5k by next September (2013 I mean) and I'll be taking a CELTA next summer...

Is it worth me leaving my job for?

I'm considering Spain, as people on a TEFL messageboard said that the poor economy is pushing people to learn English and I can get home OK if disaster strikes... I'd also consider Czech Republic, Germany, Mexico, Thailand, Vietnam or maybe Cambodia...

So I'll be a 29 year old graduate, with a CELTA and no direct English teaching experience, but with some experience delivering work shops. I'm well spoken, creative and think I'll be OK in interviews.

Do I have my head in the clouds thinking I can get a job?
        Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          So this is a while later and I still wanna do this. If I enjoy it, I'm going to do a PGCE or something similar in the UK.

I'm currently in a very secure (but stressful and uninspiring) job... I reckon I can save £4-5k by next September (2013 I mean) and I'll be taking a CELTA next summer...

Is it worth me leaving my job for?

I'm considering Spain, as people on a TEFL messageboard said that the poor economy is pushing people to learn English and I can get home OK if disaster strikes... I'd also consider Czech Republic, Germany, Mexico, Thailand, Vietnam or maybe Cambodia...

So I'll be a 29 year old graduate, with a CELTA and no direct English teaching experience, but with some experience delivering work shops. I'm well spoken, creative and think I'll be OK in interviews.

Do I have my head in the clouds thinking I can get a job?
          Not at all! I know far less qualfied/prepared people who have gone off and taught English abroad. I worked and lived in France for almost 2 years (although not teaching) I now work in the English Language Training industry for a very large company (If you'd like some more info, feel free to PM me)

British council can be a secure route for teaching english, you're placed in a school/ year contract, check out their website
          The world is your oyster seriously, you could anywhere!
          xprotège moix

Gavin <3<3

Woo!Me Livejournal! thanks Amira

Comment

You work for British Council?

I have looked in to them, but they want 2 years experience and a 1st degree (I have a 2:1)... Good to see the industry ain't a dead duck.

How do you think Spain will be next year? A lot of people are taking to learning English at the moment, but not sure how long for.

Comment

P.S. Can't PM you as your inbox is full!

Comment

The only problem with moving to another country to teach English is that you'd also have to be able to speak the local lingo as well.
                Imagine if your GCSE French teacher couldn't speak English and you get where I'm coming from.
                Whowhere, neither here nor there.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                  You work for British Council?

I have looked in to them, but they want 2 years experience and a 1st degree (I have a 2:1)... Good to see the industry ain't a dead duck.

How do you think Spain will be next year? A lot of people are taking to learning English at the moment, but not sure how long for.
                  Oops I sent you a PM The only problem with Spain I would say is the economy. One of my friends teaches English in Valencia and loves it I doubt she'll come back anytime soon.

I do see whowhere's point. Would definitely be at least getting to Int. level Spanish but further afield e.g Korea, Thailand etc its much more common for just english teachers to teach.
                  xprotège moix

Gavin <3<3

Woo!Me Livejournal! thanks Amira

Comment

I only have very basic Spanish, but hope to start a course soon... Also, a few friends speak it!

Comment

Your thinking is nice.There might be some better to move to any country for your better carrier.Know US immigration laws are very applicable and helpful for the general people like you.I appreciate your decision.

investment visa australia

Comment

You check out this massive guide if you are interested in TEFL jobs in China!
                        Teaching English in China can be a major challenge, especially for the first timers. We gathered all the possible questions you might have and answer them in one blog post. Read on.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                        X

Win Your Summer Wardrobe!

Take our survey for a chance to win a £200 ASOS clothes voucher or one of 80 £10 Amazon vouchers.

Click to take the survey