Maths GCSE exam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maths GCSE exam

This is the only GCSE exam I'm dreading. I feel like I don't know anything. I'm going the higher tier, and I need at least 52% to pass. But in the practise papers in class, I've only managed no where near that. I really need to get a C. HELP!

ok, well the first question is that if you are genuinly nowhere near then why are you higher tier?

However, for genuine helpful suggestions make use of your resources, bitesize is good, and your teachers are there for a reason, get you and a couple of mates (ones you can trust to WORK) sit down with a paper and maybe the numerical solutions and go through it together.

To be honest there's not a lot of help other than that you could get here.

In fact, just to emphasise, I've just been playing around on bitesize, it does look really helpful.
    "We're Starfleet officers, weird is part of the job." (Capt. Janeway)

Comment

I've been entered for Higher because I'm in top set.

Comment

Originally posted by __tink
        I've been entered for Higher because I'm in top set.

writethe formulars on the case of ur calculator and smuggle that into the exam, that will be very helpful. (n.b. only a suggestion)

And just do plenty of practice papers
        some will risk it for a biscuit just to end up with crumbs

Comment

shut up olaola.

Seriously tink, go try out bitesize. And if you want you can always post problems here and I'll work through them for you with explainations.
          "We're Starfleet officers, weird is part of the job." (Capt. Janeway)

Comment

One of the main things I'm stuck on is Trigonometry. I know how to work out the Hypotenuse, Opposite and Adjacent, but after that I'm stuck.

Comment

One of the main things I'm stuck on is Trigonometry. I know how to work out the Hypotenuse, Opposite and Adjacent, but after that I'm stuck.
              Trigonometery always looks a lot more complecated than it is. Practice the cosine rule, and area of a triangle, all you have to do is put numbers in a formular
              some will risk it for a biscuit just to end up with crumbs

Comment

I understand it now

Comment

i was entered for higher tier maths, and in the run up to the exams, i was getting Ds, Es and Fs (which of course are automatic fails for higher tier).

i just had a go at loads of past papers and had my teacher look through them and show me where i was going wrong.

bbc bitesize is useful as well.

most of all, just don't panic. i found that panicing just made things worse.

i came out with an A in the end, so it must have worked.

anyway, good luck
                  Daibach

Comment

I understand it now
                    that was quick !!

good luck :D :D
                    Last FM | Band

Comment

you only really need to do higher if you're wanting an A-A*...intermediate goes up to a B so you'd be better off doing that tier - it's the one i'm doing
                      I'm totally dreading maths too...it's too much to remember.
                      “In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.”
                      ~Baba Dioum

Comment

It's too late to change tiers now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballerina
                          you only really need to do higher if you're wanting an A-A*...intermediate goes up to a B so you'd be better off doing that tier - it's the one i'm doing
                          I'm totally dreading maths too...it's too much to remember.
                          If you actually know something it should come to you naturally in the exam.

Comment

the best thing to do is practice as much as you can. work out which topics it is that you find most difficult and practice questions which are to do with them. dont just sit and read through your notes or the books that tell you how to do it, try it out for yourself. and if theres anything you dont understand, ask your teacher or your mates to explain it and go through it with you slowly.
                            You got to keep in the game
                            Retaining mystique while facing forward
                            I suggest a reading of a Lesson in Tightropes
                            Or surfing Your High Hopes or adios Kansas

Comment

Originally posted by Kat_B
                              the best thing to do is practice as much as you can. work out which topics it is that you find most difficult and practice questions which are to do with them. dont just sit and read through your notes or the books that tell you how to do it, try it out for yourself. and if theres anything you dont understand, ask your teacher or your mates to explain it and go through it with you slowly.
                              This is exactly what I did and I got a C.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X

Win Your Summer Wardrobe!

Take our survey for a chance to win a £200 ASOS clothes voucher or one of 80 £10 Amazon vouchers.

Click to take the survey