Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse

Post of The Month (July)

Aidan is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Lucie,

You say you're still on medication and have had lots of therapy? Maybe it's a matter of revisiting old coping techniques and anything else like that, that therapy taught you?

And Drea is absolutely right! Even someone with everything material that they could ever want isn't insusceptible to mental illness. Any sex, race, age, class; it doesn't discriminate...
"
(Click for full post)
See more
See less

Fmlfmlfml

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fmlfmlfml

Had a meeting with college. Told me I have 30 assisgments to do by August. But guess what it's okay because I dont have to turn up to college and ive become a distant learner and dont need to do work experience. Like um why am i a "distant learner" im not to anxious to come in, just writing it for your funding cause i wotn turn up. Just kick me of the course ffs

57 pass criteas i need to meet and start. Fml. I'm staring at my laptop, not knowing where to start. No one could give a shit about my mental health. I have the concentration of a 5 year old and no motivation. My familt think education is the omly thing that matters in life so i cant drop out. They think its more important then your health. How is this going work. Feel like opting out of life. I dont handle well with stress. I'm such a failure.
    Last edited by Shaunie; 21-06-2017, 10:59 AM.
    The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you are not going to stay where you are

...still staring at my white empty screen lol. Wrote the title now though 👏. Communicating you're struggling is harder then it sounds.
    The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you are not going to stay where you are

Comment

3rd day staring at my screen. Going insane. Oh but no one cares. Lol. Tragic.

Comment

We do care. But we can't exactly help you with your assignments. Best of luck with that, by the way. Getting something you think will be bad done, is better than waiting for something good to pop into your head last minute.

And it really is shit some people can't see that things besides education are also important. Especially your health and wellbeing. That problem is with them though, not you.

We are here for you. But it's hard helping people to cope when you're barely coping yourself. It's like homeless people donating to the salvation army. See what I mean?

Sorry Shaunie, and hope you're doing better now
        SUCCESS is not final, FAILURE is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts

Comment

shaunie, why dont you try bulletpointing what you need to put in the assignment. Its a good starting point and when you feel ready to you can type it up and fill in the gaps between the points.
          Lay out the assignments, your intro, the bit inbetween and the conclusion if thats how you do it.
          Its all about finding the best way to get the work down and meet your own needs. theres lots of different ways of getting it done. I'm sure you will be able to finish

Comment

Ah I Meant the college don't care how much pressure it is and my family dont care either.

Thank you very much evie. I will try starting that.

30 assisgments and some resubmissions . Thats Like an assisgemnt every day til August can't even start one lol brill

Comment

Hey Shaunie,

Wow! That sounds like a lot of work to have to do. I like evie's idea about bullet pointing your assignments. Particularly for essays, it makes it so much easier when you already have a general idea of what you want to say. What kind of progress have you made so far?

-Kathleen

Comment

No progress what so ever

Comment

I'm such a fuck up

Comment

You're not a fuck up, let's face it, college is hard anyway, and it sounds like your college is really shit (teachers not showing up etc.).

If you left with any qualifications at all, you would have done so well
                    SUCCESS is not final, FAILURE is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts

Comment

Hey Shaunie,

How's it going today? Just remember that your wellbeing comes first before anything! Try to take it one assignment at a time. Focus on one job, try to do it, then take a break and then worry about the others after you've completed one. It can often become quite overwhelming if you think about all of the assignments at once which won't help! You're doing great, just keep going! We are all here if you need to talk!

Drea

Comment

Thank you Drea and Aidan !

I did part of assisgemnt yesterday which took like an hour to start . I really can't do it and it's going to be 2 years of stress wasted. And all I keep reading is a group chat of where everyone has completed the corse and really stressing me out cause im jealous lol.

I really dont know what to do .but i really cant be bothered to do anything or live. I've had enough of stressing, crying, and feeling sad & sorry for myself.

Comment

So stressed want to cry
                          I haven't even got any further.
                          Wasted 2 years.
                          Won't even let me take another year to get it done.
                          Can't be bothered
                          Last edited by Shaunie; 17-07-2017, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Hey Shaunie,

Really sorry to hear what you're going through right now. The most important thing is that you do only as much as you can and that your first and most important goal is to make sure you are mentally happy! Here if you need us

Drea

Comment

I actually cant do this. Im to stressed and pressured and my family keep telling me they expected me to get distinctions not passes but i can't even get the passed and they're shouting.

I don't know what is actually wrong with me. I enjoy learning about it but i have no concention or motivation to write much. And my tutor isn't even emailing me back

I give up i'm getting no where In life
                              Last edited by Shaunie; 21-07-2017, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X