This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle & Niece - Limits?

My friend is 27. His niece (his, much older, half brother's daughter) is 16. They've always had a close uncle/niece relationship - he's always been the one who's hand she's held as they've gone on family outings as she's been growing up and now they often share a sofa, leaning on each other when watching tv or a film.

Just lately, she seems to have 'taken a shine to him' in a different manner, and has kissed him several times as they've been watching tv and once when she went into his room to wake him up. Thing is, he's not exactly stopped her immediately either..

I've told him time and time again that it's wrong (isn't it?!) and that he wouldn't live much longer if his brother found out, but he still won't stop seeing her. I've told him to distant himself from her etc etc.

Any more advice or thoughts? I need something to make him see sense!!
    B.I.T.C.H. - Beautiful, Intelligent, Talented, Cool Honey

It's probably just a crush. He should nip it in the bud though...

Comment

That's covered by something called forbidden degrees of relationship and I'm sure he'd be in a lot of shit if it came to light. Basically it's illegal.

Comment

Nothing wrong with an uncle or niece holding hands, or maybe kissing each other on the cheek every now and then. But there are limits, and if they haven't been crossed already, they are periliously close to doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Miffy
          That's covered by something called forbidden degrees of relationship... Basically it's illegal.
          Ah ha, thank you! I thought it must have a name or something!

Originally posted by stargalaxy
          ..kissing each other on the cheek..
          Oh yes, it was more than just on the cheek!
          B.I.T.C.H. - Beautiful, Intelligent, Talented, Cool Honey

Comment

ewwww!

Sorry ... I have nothing constructive to say
            The morning after you and a girl who was formerly "just a friend" have carnal drunken monkey sex, the fact that you're feeling weird and guilty is no reason not to nail her again before the discussion about what a big mistake it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal Tipps
              Oh yes, it was more than just on the cheek!
              Now that is definitely crossing the line.

Comment

It is officially incest, because of what Miff said.
                I know why the caged bird sings, Only joy comes from song
                She's so rare and beautiful to others, Why not just set her free
                So she can fly, fly, fly
                Spreadin' her wings and her song
                Let her fly, fly fly
                For the whole world to see

Comment

Oh dear God, this is just awful and creepy and sick! I'm sorry for being such a child about it but it creeps me out.

Yep its incest, she is a blood relative after all, hell I wouldn't even act like that with my non-blood relatives.

Comment

well, it's not as simple as blood-relatives. Incest extends to step-families in sme circumstances but not to cousins.
                    I know why the caged bird sings, Only joy comes from song
                    She's so rare and beautiful to others, Why not just set her free
                    So she can fly, fly, fly
                    Spreadin' her wings and her song
                    Let her fly, fly fly
                    For the whole world to see

Comment

R u sure? I always thought it was only incest if you were blood related because I'm sure you can marry your step brother etc.

Oh well, its all a bit creepy to me. x

Comment

Originally posted by myhumps
                        R u sure? I always thought it was only incest if you were blood related because I'm sure you can marry your step brother etc.

I don't think you can marry them/have a relationship if you have lived together when you were younger as brother and sister, but say your parents split up and remarried when you were like 20 or something and you just happend to take a shine to your parents parteners kid, thats all legal and what not, but i'm not 100% sure.

Comment

Here's TheSite's lowdown on fancying a family member.
                          Become a fan of TheSite.org on facebook

"I love standing on a crowded platform in a tube station and feeling like I'm insignificant in all of this. All these people and lives I have no idea about. Gives me a sense of better perspective."

clementine_the_tangerine

Comment

x
                            It is incest because its "half" uncle and not "step" uncle.
                            Basically "half"uncle means the two brothers share 1 parent. A "step" uncle would mean the two brothers would instead mean 1 parents from each married.
                            So, half uncle means they are blood related.

Comment

half brother eh? hmmmm I guess there is some blood there.

its interesting as a woman I know who I talk to on the next had sex with her uncle and another girl on a confessions website admitted to sleeping with her uncle. In these cases they thought it wa sok, tho they did both keep it secret obviously as it was taboo and family wouldnt approve.

The whole thing about incest is weird. I mean in the case of biological reproduction its worng, because it produces deftective offspring. Although we are always being told nowadays that sex isn't about or just about reproduction.

religion dictated alot of our sexual taboos, although interestingly in the Bible, incest between father and daughter goes unpunished.

the girl is 16, legal age and the guy is 27, big age gap but not like he's an old man and plenty of people on here hav ebeen champoining big age gaps.

I guess its their decision although legally I am sure it probably is illegal.

I dont agree with the new law that makes relations between step bors/sis illegal mind.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

TheSite.org is delivered by YouthNet UK. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X

A short TheSite survey: to help us help you

Hi there! Please take a minute to answer this short survey. The information you give us will only be used to help us better understand our users and improve our services. The survey is anonymous. Thank you for helping us out.

Click to take the survey >