Sex & Age

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex & Age

Ok guys i dont know if this thread should be in here but this forum is where people come for help most of the time is it not? If a 14/15 year old asks a question about sex maybe help them out rather than posting "your not legally old enough to be having sex" because it does'nt help them in any way. Do you really think people will stop having sex under the age of 16 because someone told them their too young over the internet? Im sure they know they are too young in the first place but if they are looking for help why not answer their question?
    RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

The kiddies do get help, but you have to understand that the people on these boards are expressing opinions. In many peoples' perspectives, a 14 year old child shouldn't be having sex. Their questions are always answered however.
    ssshh...perfection is boring.

Comment

from a thread by 14 year old

Today, 01:24 AM

Ballerina
      Mega Poster

if you really are 13/14 you shouldn't really be having sex anyway....

Comment

What's your point? Like I said, Ballerina is expressing an opinion.

Comment

and from same thread

Pretty Hate Machine
          Fast Newbie

Fourteen year olds aren't supposed to feel "sexy."

Comment

Rinse, repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by scytherchick
              The kiddies do get help, but you have to understand that the people on these boards are expressing opinions. In many peoples' perspectives, a 14 year old child shouldn't be having sex. Their questions are always answered however.

As you said here they do get help here and their questions are always answered....

not picking on you at all but how do these to posts answer the girls question?

Comment

In any of my posts I offer advice. (unless someone is being extremely stupid) Some people chose to scathe or throw opinions about and that's fine, though it's not what the boards are for. Why all the questions? Did you know the girl asking advice? When people say "if you're 14 you shouldnt be having sex", it's an opinion shared by many because most 14 year olds aren't mature enough for a sexual relationship.

Although, I think any girl should be allowed to "feel" sexy. However,if it's kids we're talking about they shouldn't really be dressed as an 18 year old would dress, say.

Comment

No i dont know the girl but thats not the point. People are looking for advice, not the opinion of someone on a forum has about the age people should be having sex.

I suppose if their opinion was backed with a reason why you should'nt be so sexually active at 14 and the paths it could lead to thered be nothing wrong with that but what is the point in people saying "sex before 16 isnt legal so dont do it"

Comment

Originally posted by lowther
                    No i dont know the girl but thats not the point. People are looking for advice, not the opinion of someone on a forum has about the age people should be having sex.
                    Then take it up with the mods or something if you have a complaint fs
                    At the end of the day people are going to say what they want, and as long as it isn't offensive or in txt tlk then noone has a problem. Except you, for some bloody reason.

Comment

The problem though, is that there is a legal boundary - a person under the age of 16 in this country - cannot legally have sex. Aside from legally, there are physical differences - at 14, and even in later teens, your body is still developing. But at 14, you're body is just starting to fully develop...you've gotta be careful what you subject it to.

Also, your sexual knowledge at that age...whether you really know what you should be looking out for in terms of contraception and such...isn't gonna be as well built up. I went through the sex-ed thing properly when I was 15/16...before then, I came here to learn what I know so I'm a little more boned up on the relevant info.

Mentally - being in a relationship when you're younger, can feel incredibly intense. With all the other changes going on in your life, doesn't adding sex to the equation take it out of a teenage fling as you're engaging in more adult activities and a lot more is at stake.

People of all ages should come here for advice, but it should always be outlined in an appropriate way, that there are legal technicalities. That is advice as well...yeah it comes in the forms of opinions, but still - it's always gonna be relevant and so people shouldn't hold back. The person should also recieve advice, but they'll be repoccusions in some instances. If a person who is underage, is asking really 'big' questions in terms of sex, which should be known before engaging in it...then maybe they're not in the know enough to handle it.
                      Known someone that could level you with her eyes, feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you. Who could rescue you from the depths of hell... and you wouldn't know about sleeping sitting up in the hospital room for two months, holding her hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes, that the terms "visiting hours" don't apply to you.

- Good Will Hunting

Comment

The people who post here are just that, people, not advice machines. If they have an opinion on under-age sex then they are free to express it.

I suppose if their opinion was backed with a reason why you should'nt be so sexually active at 14 and the paths it could lead to thered be nothing wrong with that but what is the point in people saying "sex before 16 isnt legal so dont do it"
                        In almost every case the questions get answered as well. Maybe some people think that it is the right thing to point stuff out, hmm?
                        Another quality post brought to you by Mr Mist, god of Moo.

Comment

Pointing out the legality of their actions is the most important thing. The mods in particular are under an obligation to do this.

Questions are answered. The answer is "you are too young". Deal with it.

Comment

from a thread by 14 year old

Today, 01:24 AM

Ballerina
                            Mega Poster

if you really are 13/14 you shouldn't really be having sex anyway....
                            Actually im 15....well personally it think it's good another minor is advising them not to instead of egging them on. I just think about 95% of people who do it underage regret it, and that they rushed....only trying to help.
                            “In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.”
                            ~Baba Dioum

Comment

anyone over 16 giving advice on said subject has a moral responsibility to point out the law. we fully realise that it won't necessarily change anyones minds or actions, but if it you don't point it out, you are effectively saying "its ok to have sex at any age" - which it isn't.

the majority of us do realise that people are individuals and will do what they want, same as the people who post should realise by posting their queries you are subjecting yourself to other peoples oppinions, as well as advice.
                              my lj -comment to be added

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
                              - Eleanor Roosevelt

Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.
                              - Anonymous .

Anyone who thinks Sunshine is pure happiness has never danced in a summer rainstorm - Anon

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

TheSite.org is delivered by YouthNet UK. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X

Help us by sharing what you think of TheSite

Hi there! Please take a few minutes to answer this short survey. The information you give us will help us improve our services. The survey is anonymous. Thank you for helping us out.

Click to take the survey