Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Gender & Sexuality forum: now open!

Hey everyone,

You spoke and it was thus: due to popular demand and to celebrate Pride month, we're delighted to launch our new Gender & Sexuality forum!

Why not head over now and take a look around. Make sure you look through the guidelines (and add your own suggestions) and read all about the history of Pride

This is your space - feel free to make it yours and post away!

James, Aife, Mike & Kathleen
(The Mix team)
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (April)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community:

"You're not bitchy at all. What this guy did to you, and how he invalidates it afterwards is horrific and you deserve justice. Rape can happen to anyone..."

(Click for full post)
See more
See less

Why do a lot of girls go to the toilet in groups?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why do a lot of girls go to the toilet in groups?

    In nightclubs, pubs etc., girls often go to the toilet in groups. Why do they feel a need to do that? I've never felt the need to have my friends/colleagues accompany me to the toilet, nor do any of my male friends. Toilets are smelly, unpleasant places - so why do they want to have long conversations there?

  • #2
    1)Needing to pee
    2)Safety
    3)Pictures
    4)Talk(I guess we feel like there's more privacy there and less noise)

    Girls toilet's aren't as bad, It's mostly clean. They don't tend to smell, just have hairs and make up smudges at worst.
    "It's always about what you believe in. We believe that you should never give up, you should challenge everything you know and jump in way over your head" -Anatoly Zabruskov

    Comment


    • #3
      1) Surely it's unlikely that all of the group need to go to the toilet at the same time.

      2) Is it risky going to the toilet on their own in a pub, nightclub etc.?

      3) Taking photos in the toilets?! Why?
      Last edited by Robert; 06-03-2017, 02:26 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        it goes like this.
        yoooooooo bae wanna come to the toilet? and we talk about men who have problems with girls going to the toilets together. we talk about their threatened masculinity and we touch up our makeup and take pictures together because we can and we will and it's none of your business. oh and we like to pee together because we're not scared of our sexuality and being in close proximity of another female doesn't make us feel homosexual. so robert, to answer your question. we go to the toilet together because we can and we fucking love it bye.
        & still i rise.

        Comment


        • #5
          Okay Hun let me educate you here because clearly you have no idea. Often I'll be in a group of 3 or 4 people . Now normally one girl will say they need the loo , then another will also want to go and then the other will do their make up. Now I follow them because I don't want to be left alone to be hit on by some creepy drunk arsehole guy who doesn't know his own boundaries. As for photos. Mirrors are fucking pretty. K bye.
          Keep strong and remember who you are!

          Comment


          • #6
            Plus have you seen the mirrors in places like spoons, damn. Also, girls toilets are rly nice and some have seating areas
            You're a ghost at most
            A set of empty bones
            Searching for anything and everything to make you feel whole

            Comment


            • #7
              Male toilets (especially those in parks, on streets, bus stations etc.) are often disgusting: unflushed toilets full of excrement and urine; toilet paper, urine, empty cans of lager and cigarette ends on the floor; graffiti and drilled holes in the cubicle walls.

              I'm surprised that any toilets have seating areas in them.
              Last edited by Robert; 06-03-2017, 08:27 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Robert View Post
                Male toilets (especially those in parks, on streets, bus stations etc.) are often disgusting: unflushed toilets full of excrement and urine; toilet paper, urine, empty cans of lager and cigarette ends on the floor; graffiti and drilled holes in the cubicle walls.

                I'm surprised that any toilets have seating areas in them.

                Is this a suitable point to highlight that your experience may not be someone else's experience? I.E. you've said that male toilets are disgusting according to your experience, and have therefore assumed that all toilets are disgusting, when actually that's not the case
                Bubbles and glitter and rainbows.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Hiccup View Post
                  Plus have you seen the mirrors in places like spoons, damn. Also, girls toilets are rly nice and some have seating areas

                  I know right! The spoons in london liverpool station have the nicest chairs ever like omg
                  Keep strong and remember who you are!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Why does it matter why girls go to the toilet together anyway tho
                    You're a ghost at most
                    A set of empty bones
                    Searching for anything and everything to make you feel whole

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Purple_roo View Post


                      Is this a suitable point to highlight that your experience may not be someone else's experience? I.E. you've said that male toilets are disgusting according to your experience, and have therefore assumed that all toilets are disgusting, when actually that's not the case

                      I'm not saying that all toilets are disgusting, but I'm still puzzled that anyone would want want to congregate there.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by louisa982 View Post


                        I know right! The spoons in london liverpool station have the nicest chairs ever like omg
                        Why do they provide chairs in the toilets? That would encourage people to spend longer in there. Unless there's a member of staff selling things in the toilet (which I also find bizarre), it's bad for business to have customers in the toilets for longer.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Hiccup View Post
                          Why does it matter why girls go to the toilet together anyway tho
                          My friends and I are puzzled by it, so I wanted to know the reason(s) for it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Robert View Post

                            My friends and I are puzzled by it, so I wanted to know the reason(s) for it.
                            Well now we have given you reasons so go back and tell your friends it's mainly to avoid them
                            Keep strong and remember who you are!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Would you like there to be lots of female-only bars, nightclubs etc.? If there were, would you go to the toilets in groups there as well?
                              Last edited by Robert; 08-03-2017, 06:07 PM.

                              Comment

                              Hide this page

                              Local Advice Finder

                              Find local services

                              The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

                              Working...
                              X