X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherry Has a Baby

Did anyone see this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ry_Has_a_Baby/

I watched it last night on i player and thought it was interesting that she said that she thought that older mums felt they had more to loose by beccomming pregnant and that it would be a bigger culture shift for them than teenage mums who hadn't necessarily had an independant life.
    DrPirate is technically my little brother apparently - even though hes like a bazillion foot taller than me (OK 6 inches)

I saw that! Do they really offer you an enema when you're about to drop the sprog?
    Never say no to a HUG

Comment

Not any more they used to do it as a routine but then they realised (sorry if this is too much information) that most people get the runs at the beginning of labour anyway so thier bowls have mostly cleared out by the time they actually give birth. I think you can request one but i dunno if the midwife would do it or not - but the lady she said it to was giving birth at the portman so they probably do anything as long as you pay them....

(you do get a goody bag to take home at the end though)
      DrPirate is technically my little brother apparently - even though hes like a bazillion foot taller than me (OK 6 inches)

Comment

I watched it! Not so sure about her choice of name though...Coco
        You can either believe your society should strive to be better than it's problems or as bad as them. - JimV

It's like I'm Marvel and you're DC - Edna Krabappel

a new site that i am blogging on these days... http://www.acapella-bella.net/

Comment

coco is a cute name

Comment

yeah i agree, like a nickname or something. i just cant imagine it being an adult name when the baby is grown up.
            You can either believe your society should strive to be better than it's problems or as bad as them. - JimV

Comment

I watched it. I do know one of the couples that were featured. (Laura with the premature baby Andrew)

Comment

didnt hurt Chanel too badly did it

Comment

Originally posted by SuzyCreamcheese View Post
                  lol i was just about to say that
                  LJ

Comment

Everytime I watch these kind of programmes it puts me off having kids more and more. I have no motherly instincts at all
                    “In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.”
                    ~Baba Dioum

Comment

but she was the original!

Comment

Except that she basically became a daft blonde airhead - could you really imagine a Chanel being a lawyer or a doctor.

I like coco as well but i cant' imagine someone with that name growing up to have a serious job either. But maybe that is ok.

Comment

isn't courtney cox's baby called coco too? i thought it was an interesting programme, esp to see the different age ranges and how they felt.
                          You got to keep in the game
                          Retaining mystique while facing forward
                          I suggest a reading of a Lesson in Tightropes
                          Or surfing Your High Hopes or adios Kansas

Comment

Last edited by girl with sharp teeth; 14-01-2011, 03:56 PM.
                            all I need
                            is somewhere I
                            can feel the grass beneath my feet
                            walk on sand
                            a fire I can warm my hands
                            my joy will be complete

Comment

was that the business woman? if yeah then she got on my nerves. i think mostly because she was adament about having a nanny and her partner just seemed more into bonding with the future baby than she did

edit: and she seemed far too girly and annoying
                              Last edited by clementine_the_tangerine; 24-09-2010, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X

Win Your Summer Wardrobe!

Take our survey for a chance to win a £200 ASOS clothes voucher or one of 80 £10 Amazon vouchers.

Click to take the survey