Pet names for guys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet names for guys

What do you think of guys being called cute pet names like babe, baby, honey, gorgeous etc

I've never called a boyfriend a cute nickname like that (only in my head) because I wasnt sure if he would like it.

So if you do, what do you like to be called?
    Love Is Not Love That Alters When It Alteration Finds

Urgh I hate them! I am not impressed if somebody calls me babe, darling, sweetheart, gorgeous...urgh please just don't!

I have never had a pet name for an ex and they never have for me, saying that I am very un-romantic so this probably explains my hate for them
    My ramblingsdaisyloveyou

Comment

Have loads of completely random pet names for my hubby and he has names for me. They aren't 'cute' though.

Comment

It's ok and sweet from time to time, but not if you are called like that all the time.

Comment

I only use pet names in a sarcastic manner - 'See you later, honeybunch'

Comment

I only ask because I never have had a cute nickname for a boyfriend but only cos I thought they wouldnt appreciate it but i guess it depends on the name??

Comment

and if you overuse it or not.

Comment

I invariably call my husband "darling" where we are having a private conversation, even if there are other people around. I only ever use his first name if I need to attract his attention when we are in a group. "Hey, darling", from across the room isn't guaranteed effective LOL. It's different with a long term relationship than with a boyfriend though.
                "God, give me the Grace to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference."

Comment

I quite like them, little made up ones between the two of you is cute.
                  I know why the caged bird sings, Only joy comes from song
                  She's so rare and beautiful to others, Why not just set her free
                  So she can fly, fly, fly
                  Spreadin' her wings and her song
                  Let her fly, fly fly
                  For the whole world to see

Comment

Originally posted by grace View Post
                    I only use pet names in a sarcastic manner.
                    Same. The more cheesy and embarrassing, the better :D
                    geekblog

Comment

in compleeeete privacy!
                      You can either believe your society should strive to be better than it's problems or as bad as them. - JimV

It's like I'm Marvel and you're DC - Edna Krabappel

a new site that i am blogging on these days... http://www.acapella-bella.net/

Comment

Oh yea, in privacy, I wouldnt start going all mushy on him in public, but it would just be really awkward if I had a nickname for him and he didnt like it or something

Comment

I hate anything generic and impersonal.

Comment

I only use these when texting, when we are face to face i just call her by her name

Comment

My ex girlfriend first told me that she hated being called 'babe'. But she called me babe or baby all the time!

The girl I'm seeing at the moment calls me 'baby' but only in texts.
                              Yes I'm on the dance floor, fuck that cool shit!

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

TheSite.org is delivered by YouthNet UK. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X

A short TheSite survey: to help us help you

Hi there! Please take a minute to answer this short survey. The information you give us will only be used to help us better understand our users and improve our services. The survey is anonymous. Thank you for helping us out.

Click to take the survey >