Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to wear to an Wedding Reception Evening do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to wear to an Wedding Reception Evening do?

Any ideas?

I'm going to my manager's wedding evening do thingy in a couple of weeks time and don't know what to wear! I'm open to many things - though I usually wear trousers a lot so wearing a skirt or dress would be nice for a change.. But what sort?! I've never been to an evening reception before. Only family weddings when I was little.

I get on really well with my manager and the rest of my colleagues are going to be there too, along with all our partners. It'll be a fun occasion - chocolate fountain and balloons everywhere and all that.

Just for reference, I'm 5ft 8, size 6/8 - and a 34D so some styles don't fit/suit me!

Thanks!
    B.I.T.C.H. - Beautiful, Intelligent, Talented, Cool Honey

it totally depends on the style of the wedding, tbh. one of my cousins had a really posh wedding, where everyone was in evening dresses. another had a semiposh do, with suits and smart dresses, another had a more informal thing, where we wore the kind of stuff you'd go out on a friday night in (eveningwear, but funky).

ask your boss if it's smart smart, or smart casual, then go from there.

if it's smart casual, and you want to wear a dress, how about something like a wrap dress, or one of those jersey type things that are all about now? you'll look smart, but not as if you thought it was a royal wedding, and it'll be well comfy for dancing
    geekblog

Comment

A nice gypsey skirt with a nice top could be nice, they can look formal or casual!
      God Sees No Colour

Comment

dont wear white, in case you get chocolate fountain on it.

Comment

i wore a cream knee length skirt, brown patterened top+matching brown shoes, and it was perfect for a smart/casual wedding reception!
          ~Yes, she caught my eye as i walked on by, she could see from my face that i was fucking high!~

Comment

http://order.next.co.uk/shot.asp?b=G...=2&n=undefined

I REALLY like this dress, never noticed it before, actually. What about that?

Comment

That is so nice and the colour is fab!!
              Very smart but sexy!
              God Sees No Colour

Comment

Originally posted by kaffrin
                if it's smart casual, and you want to wear a dress, how about something like a wrap dress, or one of those jersey type things that are all about now? you'll look smart, but not as if you thought it was a royal wedding, and it'll be well comfy for dancing
                That said, Zara Phillips wore a wrap dress to Charles and Camilla's wedding!

Thanks for all your suggestions. There is a gorgeous green dress on Miss Selfridge's website (I can't get the picture tho, it's all Flash Media thingy), but it's 60 which I can't really afford.

Could I wear a black dress, do you think, or is colour better? Only there's a nice black dress (shoestring straps, just above the knee), again from Miss Selfridge which might suit me for only 30.

PS holliepop27 - can't say I agree about the "great great Grimsby" comment! I live about 8 miles away!
                B.I.T.C.H. - Beautiful, Intelligent, Talented, Cool Honey

Comment

For my brother's wedding i wore a black dress in the evening but wore pink shoes to brighten it up! For the day, i hada gorgeous outfit from Coast - floaty skirt, corset top.. But that'd be a bit OTT for just the evening do.
                  You got to keep in the game
                  Retaining mystique while facing forward
                  I suggest a reading of a Lesson in Tightropes
                  Or surfing Your High Hopes or adios Kansas

Comment

Ahhh, that's why I love being a bloke. All you need is a suit. And suits will NEVER go out of fashion.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

TheSite.org is delivered by YouthNet UK. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                    X

A short TheSite survey: to help us help you

Hi there! Please take a minute to answer this short survey. The information you give us will only be used to help us better understand our users and improve our services. The survey is anonymous. Thank you for helping us out.

Click to take the survey >