dry hair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dry hair

my hair is incredibly dry, frizzy and fine. it seriously rips my knitting.

can anyone recommend any good products to make it smooth an straighter? i tried, and am still using frizz-ease serum but it did feck-all!!

please, im begging you, i am at my wits end here
    Ride with me upon a shining star,
    Above the moonlit sky
    We will find Elysium.

My hair was like that after the summer too.
    First of all, get it cut!
    Use leave in conditioner, and comb it through.
    Vo5 miracle rescue is a good deep conditioner.
    If you use a temporary dye it can smoothen your hair out.

Comment

Frizz-Ease do a miracle treatment conditoner that you leave in for 20 mins and it works really well.
      I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter

Comment

mines like that too

but i do use my ghd straighteners like every day

hmmm

Comment

aussie 3 minute miracle.

geekblog

Comment

Yes!! A trim and Aussie 3 Minute Miracle.
            Aussie has done wonders for my hair - I use GHD straighteners practically every day, so u can imagine the state of my hair...well, Aussie fixes that!! (It smells like bubblegum too!)
            Oh, and the Frizz-ease deep conditioning treatment is great too...

Ilora x

Comment

Originally posted by lucifer devil
              mines like that too

but i do use my ghd straighteners like every day

hmmm

i hope you put an oil/serum/conditioning spray on your hair before you let that heat anywhere near it!

Comment

Um, well.... no I don't.. the GHD stuff is too pedantic.. if i put not enough on, it doesn't work.. if I put too much on it makes it greasy.. so I don't tend to use any protective sprays :S

Comment

Firstly, you should get a decent shampoo suited for your hair type, not any old shampoo. K…RASTASE do a really good one Called 'Oleo Relax' for frizzy and dry hair. They do a serum which is more of an oily liquid called the same, but apply it to the ends rather than the roots to avoid making your hair greasy. Have a look here.
                  Before you use your hair straightners (GHD's?) make sure you use a heat protection spray of some kind to avoid damaging your hair even more. Redken have a good one which not only protects your hair from the heat, but traps the heat in, allowing your hair to keep its style for longer. Look here to find it.

Last edited by Young and sexy; 17-09-2003, 08:20 PM.
                  Can't stand by myself
                  Hate to sleep alone
                  Surprises always help
                  So I take somebody home
                  To find out how I feel
                  Feel like just a baby
                  Portrait of a lady
                  Poster of a girl

[Ignore User name] BAM.

Comment

i use kerastase for my hair..the one in a green bottle for damaged hair coz i have highlights. it works wonders!

also, bedhead serum is really good but pricey. and like y&s said, only put it on the ends!

you could always go to a decent hairdressers n let them sell you loadsa products

Comment

Avon Sleek and Straight Shampoo and Conditioner

Comment

Totally agree with Young and Sexy about K…RASTASE - works miracles, but costs about £12.50 (or £10 something from LookFantastic.com), worth it tho!

I use that and Umberto Gianni (sp?!) Straightening Shampoo and Conditioner Denman's Straightening Brushes are good too - look like a set of straighteners with bristles! (about £8.00 from Boots)
                        B.I.T.C.H. - Beautiful, Intelligent, Talented, Cool Honey

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

TheSite.org is delivered by YouthNet UK. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                        X

A short TheSite survey: to help us help you

Hi there! Please take a minute to answer this short survey. The information you give us will only be used to help us better understand our users and improve our services. The survey is anonymous. Thank you for helping us out.

Click to take the survey >