Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Chat guideline change

We recently updated our chat guideline around discussing eating issues. Take a look here for more info.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (June)

Jellyelephant is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community:

"Hey notagain

Just wanted to drop by and say I hope you are okay. Remember a relapse doesn't mean the end of recovery. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep fighting lovely girl <3"
(Click for full post)
See more
See less

Cutting hair after rape

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting hair after rape

So those of you that watch Hollyoaks knows that Ellie got raped and she cut her hair. I speak with a lot of survivors of rape and we all seem to have that one simularity that each of us has cut our hair after being raped wether it be a fully shaved or just trimmed it. I wonder why that is? It would be an interesting study to find out why we do after rape. I know theres a few of us on here aswell and I'm interested in asking if you have too.
    Last edited by Lostsense; 19-03-2017, 07:05 PM.
    Your difficulties are vaild

I shaved off all the hair on one side of my head lol.... looked awful! :P I guess its something to do with feeling like a different person after, self esteem, struggling to look in the mirror and see the same person staring back at you when you know something is fundamentally different inside.

Comment

I guess people cut their hair/shave to feel different and look different and not remain the same person from the past experience and try move on by feeling/looking different. It may build confidence and feeling strong by overcoming the past experience and i am guessing cutting hair is one of the ways to feel new.

Comment

Hey yeah got a hair cut after think it helped me feel better more like i could look forward

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
        X