Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have trouble throwing things away?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have trouble throwing things away?

Why the hell do I then? Dont get it at all but I keep that much crap.
    "Capacity, why do you have to be so horrible to everyone?" - *TiNk*

Re: Does anyone have trouble throwing things away?

Originally posted by Chav
    Why the hell do I then? Dont get it at all but I keep that much crap.
    My sister does but she is 11.

Comment

i do.

sometimes i get to the point of going to throw it all out, and then panic that i might need it at some point in the future.

but then, i'm mental.
      geekblog

Comment

Nope not really. Btw whys this in health?

Comment

Originally posted by Tweety
          Btw whys this in health?
          he probably sees it as a sign of some kind of mental affliction.
          geekblog

Comment

i used to have trouble throwing things away, but then one day i realised memories are better than keeping a tattered piece of cloth that i thought was my old blanket lol

It's written all over your face
            Such a painful thing to waste
            Tell me now where do we go?
            Now the future's not so clear
            I can't believe we've ended here
            Where's the world that doesn't care?
            Maybe I could meet you there

Comment

Originally posted by Tweety
              Nope not really. Btw whys this in health?
              I was going to put it in relationships but the relationship between me and my junk is abit sad, nothing gets taken seriously in anything goes. I dont know tbh.

I hate throwing things away.

Comment

If you are totally unable to throw things away, then it could be a sign of a mental disorder. Not wanting to get you worried or anything, like. That's often a symptom of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), and OCD sufferers often think that something bad will happen if they do, or don't do, certain things, such as throwing things away.

Mr_Wobble
                System Error!!!
                Sausage Stack Overflow. Please re-insert banana and reboot Universe

mr_wobble @ wobbleworld co uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
                  If you are totally unable to throw things away, then it could be a sign of a mental disorder. Not wanting to get you worried or anything, like. That's often a symptom of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), and OCD sufferers often think that something bad will happen if they do, or don't do, certain things, such as throwing things away.

Mr_Wobble
                  i find it really difficult to throw things away too. i was going to a psychiatrist for a while and he picked up on this. it is, as mr_wobble said, a symptom of OCD. its something i have to be careful about because if not it could lead into OCD (not just that symptom mind ... but it is a contributing factor)

if you're worried then see your GP or feel free to PM me
                  We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.
                  - Martin Luther King

me

pretty in purple

Comment

Dont think I have no OCD... but I cant begin to think why I cant throw them away, might be something to do with memorys but I cant say. The longer I keep whatever it is the harder it is to throw away. hm. Ill be fine :D

if you're worried then see your GP or feel free to PM me
                    Thanks.

Comment

it's just a feature of some people's personalities.

if it doesn't cause you any great distress, then just carry on as you are.

i can think of worse personality traits to have.
                      geekblog

Comment

Originally posted by kaffrin

if it doesn't cause you any great distress, then just carry on as you are.
                        I'm running out of storage. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Chav
                          I'm running out of storage. Thanks again.
                          What stops you from throwing things away? I dont mean what reasoning, but what raw emotion?

And how seriously do you hoard? I dont like to throw things away, but I do throw away broken things. I cant throw things like magazines or old toys away without feeling nervous though, but hey, like Kaffrin, Im mental

Comment

Originally posted by Kermit
                            What stops you from throwing things away? I dont mean what reasoning, but what raw emotion?

And how seriously do you hoard? I dont like to throw things away, but I do throw away broken things. I cant throw things like magazines or old toys away without feeling nervous though, but hey, like Kaffrin, Im mental
                            I cant explain it. I've still got a piece of paper that I scribbled on with a wax crayon when I was 5. I've still got a case of broken pencils covered in ink from where my pen leaked when I was in primary school. I badly need to get rid of some of my books to make way for ones that I need but cant, it happens alot when im cleaning and have nowhere to put the things. Even stupid things like stickers that Ive never used. The list goes on into more and more crud. When I think about it now it seems saft but I still cant throw them away.

Comment

Is it just the throwing old things away thats the problem, or are there other things that are wrong?

Having difficulty throwing old things away is prevalent in a lot of mental illnesses, not just OCD, so if there are other things that are wrong in your life it might be an idea to have a chat with a GP or a counsellor.

I have a feeling that what feelings you have when you come to throw things away will say a lot as to whether its harnless or not though

Out of interest, if someone took an executive decision and threw them away for you, how do you think you would react?

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

TheSite.org is delivered by YouthNet UK. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X