Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (July)

Aidan is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Lucie,

You say you're still on medication and have had lots of therapy? Maybe it's a matter of revisiting old coping techniques and anything else like that, that therapy taught you?

And Drea is absolutely right! Even someone with everything material that they could ever want isn't insusceptible to mental illness. Any sex, race, age, class; it doesn't discriminate...
"
(Click for full post)
See more
See less

My dad might have cancer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dad might have cancer

Today has been such a hard day. My dad went to the doctors a few weeks ago for something and had to go to the hospital for scans they phoned up today and he had to go to the GP surgery again and they basically said that its not what they thought it was and that it is most likely a cancer of some kind. I really dont know what to do! Just as i was getting over one problem this goes and happens and now i feel useless and have no one to talk to about things.

I'm so sorry to hear this

Just know that we are always here to listen and chat and understand. Cancer has been in my family too so I might kinda understand, the feeling of helplessness hurts, so accepting you cant stop the cancer helps.

It doesnt mean theres nothing you can do- in my auntie's final days I made sure to travel all the way over to the west coast to see her and spend some final quality time and say goodbye. I never got to see my uncle in his final days, which I wish I had. But it's good to know he was well cared for and in no pain.

It hasn't got to that stage for you yet, so hang on to that hope
    I hope it isnt serious and it all goes well, best wishes
    SUCCESS is not final, FAILURE is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan View Post
      I'm so sorry to hear this

Just know that we are always here to listen and chat and understand. Cancer has been in my family too so I might kinda understand, the feeling of helplessness hurts, so accepting you cant stop the cancer helps.

It doesnt mean theres nothing you can do- in my auntie's final days I made sure to travel all the way over to the west coast to see her and spend some final quality time and say goodbye. I never got to see my uncle in his final days, which I wish I had. But it's good to know he was well cared for and in no pain.

It hasn't got to that stage for you yet, so hang on to that hope
      I hope it isnt serious and it all goes well, best wishes
      Thanks Aidan. I'm sorry to hear about your aunt and uncle. We should know for certain what it is in a few weeks so I just need to get through these then hopefully it will get easier once we know for certain.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
      X